• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC and macOS Sierra compatibility issues

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As alway, I'm concerned that an OS upgrade will interrupt my workflow.

Has anyone taken the plunge and installed macOS Sierra?

I have noticed that there have been some issues with the macOS Beta versions and Photoshop and Indesign (see threads below)

Possible Bugs Mac OS Sierra when using Adobe products?

Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.12 Sierra

Seems Siri and Photoshop zoom+ have the same shortcut.

Anything else?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

For Photoshop CC and macOS Sierra, Google points to:

Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.12 Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing , if you continue to get same error for all applications, you may try with solution provided in below link :

Error 16 in Dreamweaver, using OS X El Capitan

If you had installed any Adobe apps using serial number , make sure that you have serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read that Apple "helpfully" removed the ability to edit permissions from OS Sierra. Which is why I am super-screwed right now. It no longer recognizes permissions to my external Thunderbolt drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2016 Oct 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution to this? I'm not thrilled about having to uninstall everything and reinstall, which seems to always be Adobe's answer to these sorts of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution I found was to right click the later or comp and select "rename". That performs the same function as hitting return used to before the Sierra update.

My other problems with expressions and quirks while typing in save dialog boxes persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but I just ended up uninstalling OS Sierra and reinstalling El Capitan, which set everything back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, as a high school teacher having to have FULL permissions on in System Preferences for ALL users is not really an option. Students are just way to "free" with changes to the preferences that affect everything and everyone. This upgrade to Adobe CC has caused me endless sleepless nights. Making System Preferences unavailable for students should NOT cause the Adobe products to complain or not run or crash and yet they do, on a consistent basis now. It's driving me crazy!!!!

Even my students are saying, we don't understand why you have to have things checked on that have nothing to do with Adobe in order for these programs to run. Our entire district upgraded to CC, but I want my old, reliable software back. Can't you PLEASE give me a fix that works???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

after updating to macOS Sierra After Effects CC is a nightmare.

Firstly, my favorite version CC 2014 13.1 is no longer usable - the current time indicator does not move on Ram preview, making it impossible to find errors as you preview, a guessing game that is not practical. It moves with the space button, but not at real fps...

Secondly, i downloaded AE CC 2015.3  trial in desperate attempt to finish my work, but to no avail. It renders terribly slow, I mean... 2014 renders a 1200 frames of the project for 1 minute and 2015 renders it for 20, if it is in the mood. Sometimes it renders it for 2 minutes, but it is happening once or twice a day, then it is stuck for no reason and renders at 1fps per second at most. No settings make it usable, timeline previews are super slow as well - no matter what the fast preview option is at.

Machine is iMac 27, 16GB , 2.93 i7, SSD 256GB ATI HD 5750 1GB with secondary monitor for the timeline.

Is there something I can do to fix CC 2014 to run nicely again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here...

after effects is slow and I'm having error messages like "fresh layer cache checkout failed" and "Cached Preview needs 2 or more frames to playback", then it crash. Sometimes, it work, but not for long... I've spent two days trying to find a solution, I'm very late know in my motion design work, and of course you can't contact adobe by phone...

I've never had those problems before but I don't know if it's only sierra, maybe it's also the new version of after CC 2015 13.8 who have a problem (with me I mean).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like there are major issues with many of the Creative Cloud apps. My advice is NOT NOT UPGRADE to macOS Sierra if you wish to retain your current workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of my Adobe (and other) applications started crashing after updating to Sierra. None of the known tricks helped me.

The solution that I found was making a new account. Sine then everything is perfect. It was a fairly easy, but not so obvious workaround.

Try running your app in the guest account. If it works, create a new admin account and delete the old one. Good luck.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/9029288#access_token=eyJ4NXUiOiJpbXNfbmExLWtleS0xLmNlciIsImFsZyI6Il...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Align Objects functionality appears to have stopped working entirely - it doesn't matter what you are aligning or how you want to align it, it simply won't play.  If anyone has experienced this and figured out a workaround, please, please share!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing macOS Sierra, my previews in After Effects no longer render in real time, even when no changes have been made to a video file. I've tried every workaround and the only thing that worked is if I preview in full screen, which is very annoying to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have big problems. Hope Adobe will deliver an update soon. Before Sierra Adobe send updates updates updates updates. Now we have to wait.

Problems in indesign: Most shortcuts do not work. E.g. duplicate by using mouse and the keyboard. Had the same issue in Illustrator.

So please Adobe update cc sieraa ready. Thanx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the problem in AE 13.8 and Mac OS Sierra when I want to rename a file/comp/layer by hitting "return" it deletes the original text string instead of keeping it and allowing you to add to it.

I tried the permissions fixes to no avail.

I did find a workaround however. Just right-click on the file/layer/comp and choose "rename".

I'm also having a problem in which expressions don't work when referencing expression controls that have been renamed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today my Adobe CC works on sierra like on El Capitan. It is strange. Shortcuts in Indesign are working again especially shift and alt. Mmmm. I cleared all system caches and repaired all rights. Sometimes in combination with some programs the problem appears again. I couldn't figure out yet what the problem really is. For the moment I am back on productivity with sierra. Hope this helps a bit. Hope also Adobe will release an update soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely REGRET upgrading to Sierra.  Photoshop CC crashes upon printing, but that's something I could work around for the time being, however it also stops responding with random actions and moments.  Having to force-quit continuously.  Have uninstalled, reinstalled, it's a nightmare!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the bright side, at least Adobe's been busy updating their apps to advertise at us the variety of ways we can buy Adobe Stock Photos! Everything else is simply "Apple's Fault".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really love the Adobe Creative Cloud. HOWEVER, with the Sierra update and CC 2017 my 2010 MacBook Pro has come to a screeching halt. CC interferes with typing, the beach ball of death pops up for every little thing you do. it takes days (or so it seems) for an application to start. So I quit the CC app and lo and behold the keyboard works much better.

On top of this I had a hard disk failure so this has been a frustrating week.

ADOBE, wake up. Follow through with an incremental 2017 release. Figure out what is going wrong.

Try doing performance testing. Instrument and profile your code!

I would rather have a working CC with fewer features than all the

cool bells and whistles and unworkable performance.

I am pretty sure Apple may have issues to address here as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

one of the disks in my harddrive also failed a week after the Siërra update, as well as all the cc problems you mentioned. One thing that really helped with a quicker start up of programs (especially Photoshop) was pausing the syncing of my Dropbox. This was a tip from the Apple UK help desk and since I've ironed off the Dropbox my IMac at least runs faster. CC problems still occur at times. Hope this helps and good luck, I share your frustration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ps turns out my SmartStor can no longer be updated with the latest drivers simply because they aren't compatible with Sierra and here will be no more updates to their driver because the hard drive is too old (4+yrs)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the exact same problem both with the printing and the force quit.  I was just about to write a comment to the same effect.  I can get it to work for a while but I haven't found a permanent solution.  Since I do printing as a business it's really annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to install Photoshop Elements 15 (paid for & not trial) on Yosemite, 10.11.6, never mind Sierra.  The reason I purchased 15 was I couldn't open 11 since 10/24/16.   I can't imagine how those of you who need CC to make a living must feel.  Rant on.  p.s. my uninstaller for PSE11 also didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone seeing any mention of CC 2017 compatibility with macos Sierra? I can't find anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only tried AE yet, and seems to be working fine. First time opening was rather slow, but seems pretty good now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines