• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC Error code 87 "Another installer is running" Windows 10

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime there is a CC update it always gets stuck and says that there is "Another Installer running" and that it cannot complete the update. I've looked everywhere for fixes and i've tried stopping every process I can see through task manager and nothing is working. Nothing else I use seems to have this issue besides Java, but that can at least be fixed by restarting and stopping MSI.

I need to update CC to reinstall PS2022 after it's stopped working on me and I cannot. It's really frustrating that this seems to happen almost everytime there's a CC update nowadays.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ash, sorry you are encountering problems using a Creative Cloud membership.  What type of Creative Cloud membership are you using?  I don't see an active individual membership associated with the account you used to post to this public discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a school licenced acount. I'm logged in on my computer at home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Windows Update trying to run?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I check, there is no updates for anything that I can see running. No matter Whether I check through Task Manager or the setting menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update, Ash.  You can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/close-conflicting-processes.html to close any conflicting process. 

Since your membership is provided through your school, please get in touch with them if you continue to encounter problems.  They can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/support-for-enterprise.html if they need to contact us on your behalf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines