Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Window Opens Automatically on Startup

Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting with latest update for Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop, every time I boot up, the Creative Cloud Desktop window opens automatically. I want the Creative Cloud Desktop program to launch on system startup, but I do not want the window to open each time I boot up. Why does this happen, and how can I stop it?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Indeed seems to be solved in 2.1.2.114!

B.T.W. does anybody know how you can check manually for updates of the Creative Cloud Desktop? I cannot find a menu-item for this.... So I've to installed via Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe CC trial

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that as soon as I disconnect my internet connection (wifi or wired LAN) also the Creative Desktop window pop-up.

Are there more people who face this behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have noticed that the window pops up when I disconnect my internet connection. It is not just you experiencing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, whether I'm connected or not, the window pops up any time the screen turns on (booting or waking).  Getting ridiculous.

Mac OSX 10.9.5

This does not happen on my PC with windows 8.1.  Both computers have creative cloud installed with the latest version running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something else to add: Apparently Creative Cloud launches in your Task Tray if it is not already loaded in it when you launch an Adobe CC 2015 application. I've noticed this happen to me several times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. I am running Yosemite 10.10.4 beta, and every time my computer comes out of sleep, Creative Cloud is there to let me know I am disconnected from the internet. This bug/issue is extremely annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further detail in case Adobe is paying attention: When I open an app the CC window disappears. When I close the app it reopens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell, this issue was just fixed for OSX with release 2.1.2.114 which came out on 6/24/15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed seems to be solved in 2.1.2.114!

B.T.W. does anybody know how you can check manually for updates of the Creative Cloud Desktop? I cannot find a menu-item for this.... So I've to installed via Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe CC trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to find a way to do that. Having the ability to update from the Creative Cloud Desktop app seems like a no-brainer to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! Thank you for resolving this problem Adobe! I can put that little cloud icon that I like so much back on my task tray without the desktop app popping up every 30 seconds!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is supposed to update itself, I even turned off and back on the preference for doing that, and quit and restarted it, to no avail. I had to download and re-run the installer using the link provided by cc_user_mac before I could get an updated version. Something really strange is going on. But anyway, fingers crossed that it fixes the problem for me too! It has been so annoying I have been tempted to just turn off the desktop application altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the link to download the CC application. I had the same issue as others have mentioned in that the Creative Cloud App update would not download automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm... the CC Desktop App Release notes page (Creative Cloud Help | Creative Cloud desktop app | Release Notes) informs that the 2.1.2.114 is out. but my CC Desktop App doesn't ask me to update (2 machines - mac and win). Maybe this is because it has been rolled back or something? Of course we can force it to download via Download Center but I believe this shouldn't work this way. Anyone did receive the 2.1.2.114 update notification and was able to install it via the CC Desktop App?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For WINDOWS users, here's a temporary fix:

1. Open Task Manager
  2. Locate Instances of "Adobe CEF Helper"
  3. Right Click, "Open file location"
  4. Rename "Adobe CEF Helper" to "_Adobe CEF Helper" using Administrator Privileges (in case any errors come up, you can quickly fix back to original name)
  5. End task for all instances of "Adobe CEF Helper"

In case you need to use Creative Cloud App, you'll have to change name back to original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Indeed seems to be solved in 2.1.2.114!"

Well, I thought that updated automatically, in which case I should be on the latest, but the window still opened on reboot this morning. It is showing that I am on 2.1.1.110. So annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine stayed at 2.1.2.114, after the manual download per the link above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this isnt the correct answer. If Adobe CC 2015 updates itself automatically, then it isn't working, because this morning I still had the same annoying window show up on my desktop, and my app says I am on 2.1.1.110.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar issue where the creative cloud background processes were running by default on startup. I contacted Adobe support, who informed me that this behaviour is by design and there is no current plan to address it. After finding nothing online which fixed the issue, I performed a few tests and the following settings are working for me:

1. Open Adobe Creative Cloud, select File - Preferences - General, Uncheck "Launch Creative Cloud at login".

2. Open windows Task Manager, select "Startup" tab, right-click on all Adobe applications and select "Disable" (not forgetting to disable CCXProcess, whose publisher is not listed on my machine).

3. Open "Run" from Start menu, open "msconfig". In "General" tab, choose "Selective startup" with "Load system services", "Load startup items", and "Use original boot configuration" checked. In "Services" tab, uncheck all services with "Adobe Inc." as manufacturer (in my case there were two: "Adobe Acrobat Update Service", and "AdobeUpdateService").

My applications (Photoshop, Lighroom, Bridge) are working fine so far with the above settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud can't seem to find the Adobe servers everytime my Win7 64 computer wakes from sleep, even though I have full internet access in all other apps.

The only workaround I found was to clear the DNS cache using "ipconfig /flushdns" at a DOS prompt.   After doing so, CC immediately is able to find the Adobe servers again.

Clearly Adobe broke something in their latest CC version.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone got it fixed yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines