• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud on macOS: unnecessary apps and background processes

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Lightroom CC on my MacBook Pro, along with Adobe Creative Cloud app.

I noticed 28 other apps installed in my computer (see image), and I don't know if they are useful or junk. Many of them are running in background, even if i close all Adobe apps.

Can I safely uninstall those apps without risk of damaging Lightroom CC photo library or whatever?

Thank you all.

Schermata 2019-04-11 alle 12.17.22.jpg

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I wouldn't recommend deleting any Adobe files as this will more than likely corrupt the installation of the various applications that require them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they necessary for Lightroom CC app or for Creative Cloud app?

And can I get rid of the Creative Cloud app, keeping only Lightroom CC itself?

I don't get what's the purpose of the Creative Cloud app, other than installation/uninstallation of apps and updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an issue with the processing running in the background, are they affecting the performance of the MAC in any way, they don't take up a lot of space if that is your concern, you can uninstall the CC app using this tool, but you will need to reinstall to get updates and also to sign in to the creative cloud

Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like to have processes running in the background, even if they are not affecting the performance.

But unfortunately I think that uninstalling the CC app would prevent Lightroom CC library sync with the cloud. So I can't use Lightroom CC (with cloud sync) without the CC app.

Am I right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I don't like to have processes running in the background, even if they are not affecting the performance."

That's kind of a strange outlook. I mean, the processes run in the background because they need to run and having them do so in the foreground is...inefficient. Generally, if it ain't broke - don't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I dont blame him for wanting control of HIS machine. Even if this one app doesnt adversely affect performance, it contributes to a bloat that many other apps also contribute to. Publishers need to be more forthcoming on the fact that they are running in the background and WHY they are running. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines