• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS3 and Windows 10 [CS3 is dead]

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ordered a new Dell desktop computer with Windows 10.  I installed my CS3 software from the original disc, and the programs are clearly installed, but they won't open (or open fully).  I never even get to the step of entering my serial number to activate the software.  Photoshop and Acrobat open, but then immediately freeze with the "Not Responding" message.  Absolutely nothing happens when I try to open InDesign or Illustrator, although they appear in the Task Manager's "Background Processess" once I click on the .exe files.

I've tried "running as administrator," downloading the installation software from Adobe online, and countless other recommendations from online support threads.  Nothing seems to work.  I would blame this on incompatibility, except CS3 works fine on my older work computer, which also runs Windows 10.

Is there anything else I can do???

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

CS3 is a dead program... the special non-activation program is not available, and the original program will NEVER work due to the activation server being removed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operabox, Hello.
In the first place, the operation guarantee OS of CS3 products is up to Windows Vista, so the operation with Windows 10 is not guaranteed.
It's not worth the incompatibility that it works on a working Windows 10 machine but doesn't work on a new machine.
Since the release of Windows 10, there have been major improvements that have been updated and the kernel has been modified.
This build or update may not work on the same name Windows10.
However, as the CS3 product itself knows that the activation server is stopped, you can not activate even if you enter the serial number unless you have obtained the activation-less installer in advance, so it is the same in that it can not be used.
In addition, with the support policy change during this period, it seems that only the installer up to the latest two versions will be provided.

Adobe software support guidelines

If a new PC is introduced, why not consider new software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Tacafy大尉.  Please see the resolution to my issue in the reply below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because a lot of people don't believe in the cloud based subscription business model and will do whatever they need to, to not use it. That includes looking for an alternative software. Why can we not just pay for the software outright like we used to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann Bens, good evening.
Obtain a new serial number | CS3 is
Redirected to Download & install help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Ann.  Unfortunately, obtaining a new serial number and downloading the replacement CS3 installer from Adobe online had the exact same effect.  Photoshop and Acrobat opened, but froze.  InDesign and Illustrator never opened.

HOWEVER, after trying more random suggestions from the internet, I finally found one that worked.  When I installed the CS3 software from the replacement CS3 installer (which you suggested above), I did NOT install the software in the default location (C:\Program Files (x86)).  I specifically chose a different location, a new folder (C:\Adobe).  I think any folder name would have worked, as long as it was NOT the default location.

Then, when I opened one of the CS3 programs for the first time, instead of freezing or never opening, I got the error message, "Licensing for this product has stopped working. You cannot use this product at this time..."  That had never happened before.  This error message led me to Adobe's "Licensing Repair Tool," which I downloaded and installed.  It worked perfectly, and now all of my CS3 products work as they should.

Bottom Line: Adobe CS3 CAN run on a new Windows 10 system.

Steps:

(1) Obtain a new serial number

(2) Download the replacement CS3 installer

(3) Install the software in a location other than the default

(4) Run Adobe's "Licensing Repair Tool"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awsome!

Happy editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS3 is a dead program... the special non-activation program is not available, and the original program will NEVER work due to the activation server being removed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines