• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS6 Compatible with Windows 10?

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Is Creative Suite 6, Design Standard compatible with Windows 10?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud and Windows 10 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1912621

-also, only CURRENT products will be tested and updated for compatibility with Windows 10

-so if you have an older program, you update to Windows 10 at YOUR risk of problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO  Windows 10  is not compatible with Adobe CS6 and not with some CC 2015 products either

Here is the problem

1) Microsoft dropped support in Windows 10 and blocks them

a) for earlier versions of VC Redistributables

b. for ealrier versions of .Net Framework

2) Adobe products rely on these programs to work

a)  Although Adobe ships with Microsoft VC Redistributables for x86 and x64 systems for installs, the first problem is Windows 10 removes them and support for them

b)  Attempting an update or reinstall of those products manually won't work, in some cases the Adobe Installer programs fail because of these missing requirements

c)  Updates also fail because they cannot find required files to install or update

d) Manually copying the files to each programs  (program files/adobe/program name /  folder  sometimes will help if you copy the right x86 or x64 version, but the programs still may crash or not run at all

Some of the errors you may encounter

1) "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

2)  The application encountered a problem and is closing

3)

Programs that work  *after this manual fix

copying the .dll's in the programs folder really worked,  i found the x86 dlls online that fixed my x86 of illustrator, also fixed in-design,  premiere pro just crashes  doesnt error, but premiere pro cc 2015 running ok

1) Photoshop

2) Dreamweaver x86  working

Programs that crash

1) Indesign

2) Photoshop cs6 x64  gives me the same message and freeses up

Programs that don't work at all

1) Illustrator

2) Fireworks

3) Premiere Pro  Premiere pro cs6  fails it reboots  no errors in the error log, just quits when it starts

4) After Effects (Note some of this is due to the fact Apple Quicktime does not support Windows 10)

The big question for Adobe is that do you have a general support thread for Windows 10 issues for each program and updates, work arounds, announcements that this is being worked on so users know what to do.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell me why then does it work perfectly with all its components for as long as I want or need when I first install it??? And then the next time I open it, it lies to me and says it has a problem and its unrecoverable????? But if I uninstall it and reinstall it, it again works just fine??? What's the game??? looks to me MONEY is all Adobe thinks about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Matthew24630338ivcg, from the info you supplied, something on your computer (eg, av, antimalware, cleaner, defragger) is causing an "unrecoverable" error. 

if it were adobe causing a problem, you'd see a message regarding your license or serial number.

p.s. compatibility issues with windows can often be circumvented by installing using compatibility mode.  for design std cs6, that would be xp sp3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌No windows 10 is not compatible with CS6 design standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop CS6 is working on Client (Windows 10 Pro) machine but some time goes stuck while working.

Issue of compatability is still or removed by Microsoft??

Please answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't compatible. It never was. You were just lucky. Maybe your luck is run out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, that's funny you're saying my machine running the program at first
install and reinstall is luck? It's obvious windows 10 or Adobe are ripping
people off.... Nothing new there. I'll just install it when I need it and
beat the planned lockout by one or both COs.

--
Truth, respect, and honesty are the answer to trust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Matthew24630338ivcg,

Can you reach Adobe's servers?

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/unable-to-reach-adobe-servers.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 works on Windows 10. 

CS6 is NOT certified to run on Win11, mac OS Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey.

I don't think MS removed compatibility but they may have issued a Windows update that intereferred with licensing.  In such cases, reinstalling software frrm original disks is usually recommended, after wiping old software from the system with Adobe Cleaner Tools.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines