• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS6 - Really fed up with Adobe

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate Adobe with the passion of a million raging suns. That's why I cancelled my CC subscription in 2020 and only use Adobe products if I'm working for a company that requires it, which unfortunately is most of them.

But in my Mac, I edit video with FCPX and Davinci Resolve, do compositing with Fusion Studio, and for the tasks that normally require Photoshop and Illustrator, I use the much better Affinoty Photo and Designer, both purchased a couple of years ago for about three months worth of the CC subscription monthly price.

So I'm more than happy to have my Mac Studio completely free of any Adobe software.

However, in 2012 I purchased the CS6 Production Premium suite for Windows. Also in 2012 I built a nice PC that upgraded over the years and it's still working perfectly fine to this day. And that works great for me because I can still install Adobe Encore CS6. 

Unfortunately the entertainment industry is ran by morons, so Blu-ray has been enduring a very slow death for a decade now, in favor of the "digital" format, because we all know that the video is encoded onto Blu-rays by pressing grains of sand between two plastic discs, it's not digital AT ALL.

But I love Blu-ray, and I love that I have a pretty nice program like Encore to author them. And I love that I can still install it on my old PC every time I wipe the internal drive to give it a refresh. But today I found a new Adobe annoyance. Upon loading Encore, I find this:

Sign In RequiredSign In Required

I would love to know why after having paid for a product, even if it was 12 years ago, I'm forced to register it or, as it clearly says in the dialog, I won't be able to use it after 7 days. The only thing that would make this better would be to have the girl demon from "The Ring" call you and say in her raspy voice "Seven days!".

I'm sure the FTC would love to hear of yet another instance of Adobe using compulsory tactics with their customers.

If you click Sign in later, it opens the program. But if you do the thing that Adobe is forcing you to do, this opens:

Update your browserUpdate your browser

You might notice that it has no buttons, no nothing. The close button is grayed out, and if you right click on the button for it in the taskbar and choose close, it doesn't close. You have to open the Task Manager and kill the process.

So in 7 days, I don't know if I will be able to keep using the software that I paid good money for back in 2012. It's like Adobe wants people to hate them. I know this is old software, but I'm not talking about software from the 90's. The way I see it, if Windows still runs it, then I should be able to use it because I PAID FOR IT.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe has provided for offline activation to users with this (and many other) problems:

disconnect the computer from the internet

Launch the product.

At the Serial Number Validation screen, click Having Trouble Connecting To The Internet.

Click Offline Activation and click Generate a Response Code.

Write down the Request Code.

Switch to an online computer and navigate to http://www.adobe.com/go/getactivated

Click Offline Activation.

Sign in with your Adobe ID.

Enter your Request code and click Generate.

Write down the Response code.

Switch back to the offline computer.

Enter the Response Code and click Activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And am I supposed to just guess that? I haven't tried that yet, but adding insult to injury, this morning I tried to open Encore, and I find this:

Adobe CS6 The serial number has been revoked.png

Obviously entering my perfectly legal serial number that is in the small box inside the larger box, the small box that contains the two DVDs for installation plus one for extra content, gets the same thing.

It's like I said, Adobe does its best to be hated by customers, and their despicable tactics to spy into their users' content to feed their AI, plus cancellation fees and all else, shows what a horrible company this is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe provides these forums and encourages its users to help other users.  that's what i'm trying to do for you.

otoh, i am aware that some users want to air their complaints and really don't want help.  adobe provides these forums for that, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I appreciate it, but I'm not trying to just air my complaints and really don't need help. I wouldn't waste the time if Adobe CS6 was working just fine.

I'm simply fed up with Adobe's total disregard for their customers. People bought a product with a permanent license and they just want it to work, not having to waste time going to forums and digging online to see how to make them work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird, I just posted a message and now I don't see it. But I was mentioning that the URL in your steps for the offline registration doesn't work anymore:

Screenshot 2024-07-10 at 13.14.43.png

 

By the way, anyone looking for support beware of scammers like this. The @outlook.com email obviously gave her away.

Screenshot 2024-07-10 at 13.27.46.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And something else. The more I waste my time trying to take care of this, the more incessed I get at how poorly Adobe treats their customers. There's absolutely no phone number on the website to call support. Sales? Of course! When they try to sell stuff to you, they're all ears.

But there's the address for the corporate headquarters, with a phone number. So I call, the menu tells me to press 1 for customer support, I do, and it takes me to a voicemail!!! 

It is simply despicable how Adobe drags people through the mud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cs6 is long past support.  in fact, adobe officially only supports the current and previous versions of its products. indirect support is offered via the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't expect customer support for a certain feature or usability. I don't expect updates. Had I bought CS6 for Mac, I certainly wouldn't expect it to work on my Mac Studio, because it's a whole different architecture.

But I do expect that my product that I paid a ton of money for and it was supposed to be a permanent license, works for as long as the OS supports it, and Windows 10 does. If I had an ARM PC, I wouldn't expect it to work.

But I just got off the phone with Adobe, and they confirmed that my serial number has been revoked, they can't tell me why, but they require the invoice from when I purchased it 12 YEARS AGO!!!! Are you freaking kidding me???? 12 years ago?? It's beyond outrageous. And they tell me the invoice should be in my account, because I remember that I bought this from Adobe itself as an upgrade to CS 5.5, and the invoice is not present in my account!! So because Adobe has a mainframe based on Windows 95 apparently, my invoice is not there anymore. Because I remember years ago, my invoices were there, and then one time they were not there anymore. My registrations and everything had disappeared.

But I told the guy, I have all the boxes here, CS4, CS5.5 and CS6. I'll take a picture right now and send it to you. Nope. Need the invoice. From 12 years ago. 

So on top of making crappy buggy software that they slap some new features every once in a while to make more appealing, they screw people left and right. 

And I just wasted hours in this BS, so I'm just going to write a complaint to the FTC and uninstall this garbage software from my PC, and buy some decent Blu-ray authoring program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and the reason the link i posted isn't working is because of the period (.) at the end of the url.  that should be

http://www.adobe.com/go/getactivated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, while that URL works without the period, at this point it's useless to me, because it's dead obvious that Adobe saw my post here and in retaliation decided to put my CS6 serial number on their black list, so I have been unable to use my LEGAL license of CS6 since Tuesday July 9th. I say "dead obvious" because on the day I installed, the number didn't bounce with the message that it had been revoked. I was just pissed off that I had to register within 7 days or I wouldn't be able to use it anymore. And I was pissed off because I registered the damn thing I can't remember how many times. You can't possibly have a Windows installation for 12 years, it would be a total mess. Not to mention that it would be Windows 7. So if it was working on 7/9 but on 7/10 I get this message that it has been revoked, then it's obvious that something happened. And what happened obviously is that some idiot at Adobe read the message, started crying that I hated his dear company, and added my number to their black list.

It's going to be such a pleasure for me to file a complaint with the FTC and the consumer affairs office of the Department of Justice both in my state and the federal one, especially since I have all the proof I need. The idiot employee that got my call had the nerve to ask me for an invoice, and I do not have an invoice, but I do have an invoice from B&H Photo Video for Adobe CS 5.5, and I have two emails from Adobe Corporation in an old email that I don't use anymore but it's still there (thank you Yahoo). One of those emails is the tracking number for CS6 Production Premium, which includes the order summary. And in that summary, it shows that what I paid for it is $0, as in zero dollars. And that helped me remember that around May of 2012 Adobe was running a promotion for which they gave CS6 Production Premium to users of CS5.5 Production Premium.

And I give two bleeeeeps if I didn't pay anything for it, I got a LEGAL license fair and square. I obviously paid for CS5.5, and you all can be certain that I have that invoice in both PDF and printed paper. To top it all, the other email, reminding me to register because the world is gonna go to hell if I don't register, tells me in no uncertain terms, "Thank you for purchasing Adobe® Creative Suite® 6 Production Premium."

I really like the word "purchasing" there. In an email from Adobe, it means that they fully recognize that I am a fully legally licensed user of Adobe CS6 Production Premium for Windows. 

So it's going to be so nice to send all this to the FTC and give them more ammo to fine Adobe for screwing people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

most importantly, correct about the scammer. **scam email address** is a well-known scammer.  all emails from adobe come from adobe.com.

edit.  it's so well-known this forum automatically edited it out and replaced it ""scam email address""

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines