• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Desktop Service Resource Usage on macOS High Sierra

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Macbook Pro, macOS High Sierra, and, looking at the Activity Monitor, I have noticed that Adobe Desktop Service uses more than 220 Mb of memory. This cannot be right!

I am also utterly confused by the plethora of other Adobe processes running, such as CCXProcess, Creative Cloud, Adobe CEF Helper, CCLibrary, Core Sync, Core Sync Helper, AdobeIPCBroker - and these are only the ones that I could spot easily.

What I am trying to find out is:

1. Adobe Desktop Service using so much memory can't be right. Why is it using so much, what is it anyway, can I shut it down and how?

2. Are all the other Adobe processes really necessary? Which ones can I terminate and how?

I know this has been discussed before but I could not find anything recent and what I could find neither made much sense nor were the proposed solutions workable. (I am not a great fan of "try uninstalling, re-install and see if this solves the problem".)

So, if anyone has any useful input ...

Oh, and if someone from Adobe should read this, I would really appreciate an official answer too. After all, I am your customer and I pay good money for your products.

Thanks

Wolf

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May 2021 – Running locally at 166.1 MB... Progress!

I also would like to know what this service is for..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may refer below link for information regarding individual Adobe process details :

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/adobe-background-processes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines