• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe does not let's me install an old version of the adobe creative suite 6 that I bought Legally

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I bought my adobe creative suite 6 back in 2014, around 2019 or 2020 I started using the new version so I was paying around $ 20 per month, times are not so good now so I canceled the service and I tried to re install my old adobe creative suite 6 and I get this message saying I have an unlicensed app, I called customer service and they told me after 2019 they no longer allow to install older versions even when I paid for it, it shows in my adobe online account, is not a stolen or downloaded illegally from the internet YET Adobe does not le me use something I legally bought

I just want to use the programs that came with my adobe creative suite 6 Production Premium

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html to remove subscription programs

Support is wrong... if your computer is compatible you may install and activate CS6 IF you bought from Adobe or an authorized sales partner so your serial number is valid

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html to remove subscription programs

Support is wrong... if your computer is compatible you may install and activate CS6 IF you bought from Adobe or an authorized sales partner so your serial number is valid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
Same for me. I have legal purchased license, I jave Adobe paper document with License and serial number for Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium English license and after new Windows 10 install (fresh install) I have message that my serial number is not valid or revoked. Of course my Premium Product is registered on Adobe Id and there is my serial number on the list. After chat with agent he confirmed that my CS6 and serial number is Ok and he referred me to Adobe technical support, I'm supposed to wait for a phone call. Of course no one has called yet so I contacted Adobe via chat again and after a long chat I got the information that CS6 is no longer supported and all they can do is offer me to buy a new subscription. Of course I do not agree to this because I paid a lot of money for the legal version of CS6 so as not to use pirated software. I don't need newer versions, CS6 is enough for me. The chat agent told me that CS6 is not supported and nothing can be done, I said I don't need CS6 update and install support, I just expect my serial number to still work as I have RETAIL version - lifetime license. I can't believe how Adobe treats its customers. I read on the forum that Adobe helped in this situation and has the ability to activate/fix the serial number which is legal, why is the chat worker refusing to help me? Why is the company so unreliable and did not call as promised? If the problem is not solved, I will never buy any product from this company again, at the moment I am very disappointed, I even feel cheated by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@arula 

are your cs6 installation files on a cd?

if not, did you download the installation files from your adobe account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS6 installation file downloaed on 2015.04 (ProductionPremium_CS6_LS7.exe, ProductionPremium_CS6_LS7.7z) when the product was registered. I don't downloaed it again - I have that possibility but for what? My installation file is ok (not corrupted), not problem with installation but with serial number - I can't proceed further with the installation. I can do a full offline install after disconnecting the internet, but I'll still be forced to enter the serial number later, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, don't re-download.  i'm just making sure your serial number matches your installation file. eg, with a valid serial number and the incorrect installation file (eg, north american serial with western europe installation file), you will get an invalid serial number message.

what's your os version?

can you embed a screenshot of the error message you see when installing?

p.s. and yes, you will need that serial number sooner or later, but doing that offline avoids a potential problem although it introduces a different one.  anyway, don't do anything until you answer the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS on my new laptop is Windows 10 Home Edition 64Bit (one the old laptop too).
Message is in polish (my country lang):

"Wprowadzony numer seryjny został unieważniony. Tego produktu nie można zainstalować. Skontaktuj się z Obsługą klienta."

my transtaltion for you:

"The entered serial number has been invalidated. This product cannot be installed. Please contact Customer Service."

I have done Deactivate procedure for installation on my old laptop where CS6 is installed 3 days ago (24 Dec 2022) - of course not problems with deactivation - ended with successful. My license allow to install onto many computers but only two installation can be active and only one is allowed to use - I can't use them on two computers simultanously (at the same time)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look here: 

Invalid or revoked serial numbers (adobe.com)

Error: "The serial number is not valid for this product" | Adobe Creative Suite

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I've already read that and it's not helpful to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then the only thing left is for you to disconnect your computer from the internet and start the offline activation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I have installed CS6 offline. How to do offline activation process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

while offline open a cs6 app > click help > activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't bacause first I have to do Registration

adobe_offline_activation_request_code.jpg
I can't sign in on here: http://www.adobe.com/go/getactivated - it is redirect me to https://exception.licenses.adobe.com/aoes/aoes/v1/t1?locale=en
When I try to sign in then:
We couldn't find an account with that email address.
Find your account or create a new account
It is not email/login from https://account.adobe.com/ where my CS6 is registered?
Do I need create a new account for offline registration?
I have read this post with offline activation help:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/offline-activation-problems-with-photosh...

At this moment I have generated "Request Code" from offline CS6 and now I should to sign in (but I can't with my adobe.com account) to site https://exception.licenses.adobe.com/aoes/aoes/v1/t1?locale=en (http://www.adobe.com/go/getactivated) to generate a "Response Code".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that my reply about offline activation is deleted by moderator. Why? It is a secret?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no secret.  i think your message was "branched", ie seperated from another user's posts and  that is often problematic.

anyway, disconnect from internet, install and if not prompted for offline activation, open a cs6 app > help > activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't bacause first I have to do Registration (Offline Activation)
I can't sign in to http://www.adobe.com/go/getactivated
When I try to sign in then:
We couldn't find an account with that email address.
Find your account or create a new account
It is not email/login from https://account.adobe.com/ where my CS6 is registered?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you sign in with google or apple or some other way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After login and trying to activate it says that serial number is not valid. It is not possible to activate offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's the end if the road then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help, for your time.

However, I still doubt how reliable Adobe is on this issue, whether it is really the seller's fault or rather intentionally hindering the reinstallation to switch to the subscription. I'm hoping this will clear up eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted support via chat again. This time the chat employee stated that I bought the product from a company that is not authorized - they are not listed by Adobe. The purchase was in 2015 when, according to their information, Adobe did not control the serial numbers. I have a paper document with a certificate from Adobe. Is it possible that Adobe was sending paper certificates to customers even if they contained non-genuine serial numbers? The company I bought from still exists, has sold thousands of different software licenses to companies and state institutions (I verified it). It's strange that it was possible for so many years. Maybe they were authorized to sell in 2015, and checking today's Adobe partner list won't work because it doesn't work back to that time? When contacted several times before, Adobe said that the product I bought was ok, but now it's not ok. It's all very vague and strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted support via chat again. This time the chat employee stated that I bought the product from a company that is not authorized - they are not listed by Adobe. ...

...The company I bought from still exists, has sold thousands of different software licenses to companies and state institutions (I verified it).

By @arula

Do you have contact the appropriate company what they think about the problem?

Maybe they can help you. I don't believe it, but it's worth a try.

Have you also asked Adobe support how it can be that the serial number worked for years and was accepted?
And why it should suddenly no longer work.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Information from Adobe chat agent:

Earlier Adobe was not aware of this counterfeit issue, so even those invalid serial keys were able to register and use it without any interruption, but after Adobe noticed this issue all those invalid serial keys were flagged out.

You might have been using this serial number for the last couple of years. You are facing this issue now because Adobe is running a new validation program under this, we validate the serial number and check the software whether it's properly licensed or not. We introduced this in 2016 and gradually we are going to cover all our customers who have unknowingly purchased the counterfeit product. If you receive this message this means your software failed the validation test.

I have sent email to the reseller with the Adobe opinion about not genuine serial number - he sent me chat history with Adobe agent before serial number was registered (2015.04), Adobe employe confirmed that "I have checked and see that these serial number were not activated before and they are not registered under any Adobe account" and cofirmed that "this product may be use for commercial purpose". After this my product was registered on the Adobe account same day. This is the seller's line of defense as of today, a chat with an Adobe employee in 2015.04 and the employee's confirmation that the serial number is valid and legal. Adobe will defend that they only verified the keys later. First, Adobe confirmed the legality of the key, and later claims that it is illegal. Where is the logic here, who is responsible for such a thing? Why Adobe is not responsible for verifying the serial number as correct in 2015.04

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know no specifics about your situation.  but (afaik) having a valid serial number and later having it revoked is always how serial numbers are revoked.

eg, a serial number found in the public domain, or shared will be revoked when it is found. so, you could have a (confirmed by adobe) valid serial number on 12/27/22 and have it revoked on 12/28/22 if that is when a violation of adobe's terms of service is discovered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines