Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe GoLive 8.0 [GoLive, CS2 and CS3 are dead]

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've now got a new Windows 10 computer and after installing my GoLive 8.0 software, it is unable to be regsitered. Yes I know it's old but its a great and easy to work with program.

I've built a number of websites on the GoLive 8 platform and three of them are urgently needing updating and I need GoLive 8.0 to recognise the GoLive  8.0 files I built the websites with. I just can't use another program.

I've used the support chat inside my Adobe Account area and the person says the software is no longer supported and I should come to the community forums to get the answers. I can't imagine anyone here is going to help me register my GoLive 8.0 software but maybe he is right and someone here will be able to help me get it regsitered so I can use it.

When I purchased GoLive 8.0 the cost was for a perpetual licence. This is how Adobe sold the product. I was certinly NOT told it would expire one day and I would not be able to conitnue using it.

I am hoping someone here can tell me how to go about getting my GoLive 8.0 working please.

Thank you

Stacey

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

registration is only possible once and it's not necessary to register adobe software in order to use it.

just install and activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know that program, but if it is the same age as CS3 you will not be able to activate due to the activation server being removed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paid for this software. I am the legal owner of the software and I expect it to work, this is NOT an unreasonable expectation. Adobe said the licence was perpetual but this has turned out to be a blatant lie.

Sure, I don't expect software to be supported forever, new software is being developed and released all the time and support for old and outdated software can't last forever, I absolutely understand that. But for Adobe to actively block the software from being registered by taking their registration servers down and by not answering the phone number for phone registration ... which renders the software completely inoperable, is absolutely disgusting.

I have been a loyal Adobe customer for many years now and I have been cheated and lied to by a company I once loved.

Tell me Adobe, is this the result you are aming for when dealing with your long standing loyal customer base? What type of terrible modus operandi is that?

I now have websitea built on the GoLive platform which can't be updated because I haven't got a program that will recognise the GoLive files I built these websites with in the first place. How am I going to tell the website owners the official Adobe GoLive 8 perpetual licence is actually a lie?

Stacey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, registration is not needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but you are wrong. It is needed. The software will not activate ...GoLive.PNG

It simply closes down. When selecing the "Phone Activation" the number provided no longer is answered.

Please tell me, how do I get this to work. Please.

Thank you

Stacey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're confusing activation with registration.  ie, activation is not the same as registration.

activation is required, registration is not.  from what you've posted, activation is not possible for your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How could this possibly be?

I purchased the software and Adobe said the licence is perpetual, this is what I paid for and this is what Adobe sold me. But now I find out this is untrue, otherwise I'd be able to get the software to work.

There must be some way to get this software to work. I really don't think this is an unreasonable expectation as I paid for it to work. My only crime was updating from a broken computer which is now totally siezed to a new Windows 10 computer. I just don't understand how Adobe can do this to me.

I have websites that need updating and these have been built with GoLive so only GoLice can recognise the GoLive files.

It really is a terrible situation and I am very upset about this (as you can probably tell).

Thanks 

Stacey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>There must be some way to get this software to work

Sorry, but no... this space is provided by Adobe, but it is not Adobe support... you are being answered by other users

Your answer is the screen you put in a message... as you've been told, Adobe removed the activation server

Nobody here can help, and Adobe support also can't help... the server is gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John for your reply.

Firstly, Adobe support (launched from within my Adobe account) told me to come here to get the answer I needed. So I am only doing exactly what the official Adobe support person is telling me to do.

I want the software I paid good money for to work. This is NOT an unreasonable request.

This episode has left me speechless. But hear me now, I paid for this software, Adobe sold me a perpetual licence, they most certainly diod NOT say I will not be able to use this software at some future date. I am absolutely determined to do all I can and go down any path to get this software I paid for working - a perfectly acceptable and reasonable expectation for any consumer of any product, software or otherwise.

Shame on Adobe, shame.

Thank you

Stacey

>go down any path

Mention of illegal/pirate software removed... Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this (shuttering old activation servers) wasn't a malevolent choice by adobe, at least, judging from adobe's statements.  the hardware running the activation was getting too old to replace/repair/maintain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Stacey4223,

I'm sorry to say this but you don't OWN anything.  Adobe owns the software.  You had a limited license to use GoLive for as long as Adobe could make it available.  But that expired several years ago.  GoLive is an obsolete web authoring app that was discontinued in 2006.  Absolutely NOBODY should be using it in 2021 because the web has changed too much. 

GoLive on Wikipedia

EULA for GoLive 8 and CS2 (English starts on page 265)

I'm not sure why Adobe support gave you false hope by sending you here unless it's because they don't want to be the bearer of bad news.  But GoLive is dead.  It's impossible to reinstall it now.  If you want to build web sites, use modern software or online site builders instead.

-- Adobe Behance (free) - https://help.behance.net/hc/en-us/articles/204483894-Guide-Intro-to-Behance
-- Adobe Brackets (open source) - http://brackets.io/  NOTE: Brackets is being discontinued on September 1, 2021.
-- Adobe Dreamweaver CC - https://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver.html
-- Adobe Portfolio (free with a paid Creative Cloud Plan) - https://portfolio.adobe.com/
-- Bootstrap Studio - https://bootstrapstudio.io/
-- Pinegrow - https://pinegrow.com/
-- Squarespace - https://www.squarespace.com/
-- Visual Studio Code (open source) - https://code.visualstudio.com/
-- Webflow - https://webflow.com/
-- Wix - https://www.wix.com/
-- WordPress (open source) - https://wordpress.org/

Hope that helps.  Goodbye & good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea 

you omitted adobe animate which can publish html5 files.  

but even less expensive is any plain text editor.  they're all capable of creating html, css, js and backend files like php.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@kglad,

Arguably one could use Captivate or InDesign to generate HTML, too.  I don't recommend it though.  That would be like bringing out a bazooka to get rid of mosquitos.   🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this post, it is possible to use DreamWeaver to download the active GoLive websites into a new DreamWeaver site, but it will lose the GoLive code. Not an ideal solution, perhaps, but it would at least give you a place to start instead of having to recreate the sites from scratch in whatever web development software you choose to use. (Although given what the answer marked correct said, you might be better off doing so, but I am not a web developer so I don't know.)

Adobe ran into the same problem with the activation servers that you apparently did with your old computer: they couldn't keep them running anymore. They also couldn't port the software to a modern system. Unfortunately for you and other owners of CS1-CS3 software, that means you can't install the old software on a new machine or reinstall it on a current one. 

A "perpetual license" is not one that says that the software you licensed is guaranteed to run forever or to be supported forever, no matter how computer hardware and OS's change. It means that you are allowed to use the software as long as it can run on your hardware/under your OS and as long as it can be activated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you LinSims,

I've done a lot or research and have found a number of examples where Adobe have provided a code or key that extends the 30 day trial period of GoLive 8.0 to other people caught in my situation. I have no reason to doubt these people who are saying they have been helped in this manner.

I can certainly understand if this is something Adobe does not want known as it stops people from having to be forced in to paying more money for newer software.

So it appears Adobe can easily help me if they want to. Therefore the real question is how to encourage Adobe to help me.

How do I get them to send me this key or code that unlocks the 30 day trial period? Is there anyone at Adobe who would be kind enough to help a genuine customer who is in dire trouble here?

Thank you

Stacey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They did provide non-activation-server needed numbers for about 2 months before the activation servers went down. They can't do it anymore. They needed the activation servers to do it, and those are no longer available.

I'm willing to bet that if you check the dates on the information you found, there's nothing later than December 2019.

ETA: Whoops. Didn't notice you're saying trial period. However, I doubt if they can do that anymore.

What we were told, by Adobe Employees who know, is that Customer Service can no longer provide any support AT ALL for software contained in the CS1 through CS3 suites, or sold standalone that were part of those suites. And the only support they can provide for CS4 through CS6 is resetting the number of activations.

I'm really sorry, but I doubt very much that you're going to be able to get GoLive 8 working. If it's letting you do the 30-day trial activation (cool, if so!), then I would suggest getting everything you can for any sites you created with  GoLive out of GoLive and into something else, and good luck with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines