Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator Not Updating. ERROR CODE: 146

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exit Code: 146

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 2 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command 'MoveFileCommand' for package: 'AdobeIllustrator19-Core', version:19.2.0.111

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeIllustrator19-Core Version: 19.2.0.111). Error code: '146'

WARN: Unable to parse conflicting process XML ''

WARN: Unable to move file at "/.adobeTemp/7A453693-714D-402E-8A80-EEAEF1E4BCAB/AdobeIllustrator19-Core/StagingArea/Application/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/Frameworks/amtlib.framework/Resources" to "/Applications/Adobe Illustrator CC 2015/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/Frameworks/amtlib.framework/Resources" . Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please help I haven't been able to find a solution. I'm currently on a Mac. I need to have it updated for college.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Hi Puddathere,

For Error Code 146, Adobe suggests renaming the file and trying the update again: Troubleshoot Illustrator CC 2015 log files.

In case it's a permissions issue, you might also try installing the update under the root user in OS X Enabling and using the "root" user in OS X - Apple Support‌ or a new user account with admin privileges Install or run Adobe applications in new user account | Mac OS X.

If neither of these suggestions resolves your issue and you are a Creative Cloud subscrib

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Puddathere,

For Error Code 146, Adobe suggests renaming the file and trying the update again: Troubleshoot Illustrator CC 2015 log files.

In case it's a permissions issue, you might also try installing the update under the root user in OS X Enabling and using the "root" user in OS X - Apple Support‌ or a new user account with admin privileges Install or run Adobe applications in new user account | Mac OS X.

If neither of these suggestions resolves your issue and you are a Creative Cloud subscriber, I suggest that you Contact Customer Care, since technical troubleshooting may be required.

Best,

Del

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but I have windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rename it to what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem when updating PS CC. It became solved when i uninstalled a CS6.0 app i had (Encore)

Look like CC doesn't play well with older CS versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

nevertheless the upgrade process failed by 35%, Photoshop CS had been completed - the message was, that the old version couldn't be removed and so it is. Now I have two versions on the PC, both working. Astonishing, cause the process failed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2016 Jul 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friends:

I have found that the problem resolution is quite simple and works every time.

If your security software (I use Avast) has the "file system shield" located in  "Active Protection" turned on, you will get this error.  Turn it off temporarily, and the update will complete successfully.  Restore the active protection when all updates are complete.

I don't understand why Adobe does not indicate this as a solution rather than asking the user to rename the file, which probably wouldn't work anyway.

I hope my painful experience will minimize yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Friend! This really Worked in my case. So Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muito obrigado!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 30, 2016 Jul 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to make Avast permit the updates? You can set "exclusions" in the File System Shield, so it should be possible, but I don't know which file(s)/folder(s) Adobe is using that Avast thinks is a threat. I know it wouldn't have to be all Adobe folders, because some CC updates complete with Avast running and others don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2016 Aug 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for very much. This solution with Avast File System Shield Set to Off worked perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci beaucoup, cela m'a beaucoup aidé;    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

works like a charm - thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In lieu of disabling anti-virus software, there are alternatives.

The cloud updates run as a service on your Windows desktop called "AdobeUpdateService." The service, by default, uses the SYSTEM account to log on. In some cases, antivirus providers will treat processes that run as SYSTEM as "bad" and block them.

In my case, I was able to change the service logon account to my domain user's account (which also has administrator rights on my Windows 7 laptop). Doing this allowed the updates to complete without issue. Just keep in mind that when you change your user account password, you'll have to change the service account password as well.

To change the service account login:

Configure How a Service Is Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have other virus/malware software but temporarily turning it off solved the install issue for me.

Adobe's 'rename' suggestion is idiotic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exit Code: 146

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 2 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command 'MoveFileCommand' for package: 'AdobeIllustrator19-Core', version:19.2.0.111

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeIllustrator19-Core Version: 19.2.0.111). Error code: '146'

WARN: Unable to parse conflicting process XML ''

WARN: Unable to move file at "/.adobeTemp/7A453693-714D-402E-8A80-EEAEF1E4BCAB/AdobeIllustrator19-Core/StagingArea/Application/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/Frameworks/amtlib.framework/Resources" to "/Applications/Adobe Illustrator CC 2015/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/Frameworks/amtlib.framework/Resources" . Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please help I haven't been able to find a solution. I'm currently on a Mac. I need to have it updated for college.

By @Puddathere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines