• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 10

New Here ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the software this weekend.  I atttempted to install the first disc and it hung up.  I had to hardboot my laptop.  When I attempted to try the install again, it wouldn't allow me to because it said that the serial number was invalid.  Now, I am not able to use what I purchased, even though the install was incomplete. 

Any suggestions on how I may get my monies worth on this purchase?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system are you using?  Do you have any other Adobe software installed?  Did you receive any particular error messages when you try to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 7.  The only Adobe software I have is Adobe Reader X.   When I started the installation, I got as far as the installation of files, but then the installation hung up.  It didn't give any error message, so I had to hardboot the laptop.  After I rebooted the laptop, I tried to do reinstall the software, I couldn't get passed the s/n, it said that it was invalid.  Which led me to believe that even though I hadn't completed the full installation, the fact that I entered the s/n once, it wouldn't accept any longer.  The error message "invalid serial number".  The software didn't show in my directory, but somehow it went out to the internet and registered my software and now I have no working installation.  Just a registered software during a failed installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try running the Adobe Support Advisor - http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/ to rview your installation logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi downloaded the Adobe Support Advisor - please see below the print screen:

Adobe Advisor.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try removing Adobe Reader and then try moving the following folders temporarily to your desktop:

Please move the folder which is appropriate to your Operating System

Windows 32-bit:  \Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\

\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\caps\

Windows 64-bit:  \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\

\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\caps\

Then try installing Adobe Photoshop Elements again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second Windows 64-bit file:  \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\caps\   is not in my directory.  Do you want me to proceed with installing the Adobe Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting and you are using Windows 64-bit?  Lets give it a try though please go ahead and reinstall Photoshop Elements.

If this works then can you please double check to see if you have any other Adobe software installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, just to be clear, am I still starting with disc 1? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to go ahead and attempt the login.  I will update you of the results in a few.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This hung on disc 2.  I can't insert disc two.  If I click ok, then it ends the install. 

freeze on disc 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are using the disc1 to install the software on your computer?

If I am right you are on the Windows 7 (64 bit) and for that you need to use the Disc 2.

For details : look DVD description

So,, Insert Disc 2 directly and start the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Disc two is the Premiere Elements trial.  You should have been able to click on ok and completed the install process.  It also appears we were able to get past the invalid serial number message by moving the Adobe PCD folder to your desktop.  If you have no other Adobe software installed you can delete this folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines