• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 15

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble with activation of Adobe Photoshop Elements 15. The serial number is valid as I have had it verified by Adobe's customer service team. When I input the serial number it states it is invalid.

Not sure what I need to do to rectify the issue.

Customer service said they no longer suppoert older version or discountined software products.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure your caps key is off and you're using the correct number (6 groups of 4 numbers).  then, if you still see the error:

assuming you're using a valid adobe serial number (6 groups of 4 numbers), you have a mismatch between your installation file and serial number. ie, you can have a valid serial number, but if it's for program A and your installation file is for program B, you will see an invalid serial number message.

common mismatches are language/region (eg, serial number is for western europe and installation file is eastern europe), platform (eg, serial number is for a mac and installation file is win), license type (eg, education vs enterprise vs individual).

and one of the most common is using a program installation file with a suite's serial number. eg, using a cs6 suite serial number with a photoshop cs6 installation file. that won't work even though photoshop is included in that suite. you must use the (correct) suite's installation file (and you can choose to only install one program from the suite).

here's official info about that error, http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-serial-number-valid-product.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you the original owner of this software ? Is it a retail version and registered to you? if yes then it should install as others have said make sure to put in the exact Serial Number double check it for sure also clean your cache and reboot computer.

I feel that even if its older software it should work this is adobe problem not yours they need to step up and give you a hand. I know for a fact if its your software and a retail version and its registered to you they can help you there is a way believe me it is doable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am the original owner of the software. I purchased through a similar company as TechSoup here in Australia.

I tried contacting Adobe and they tried to upsell me to the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you sign on to Adobe then check you account for the Licence does it show that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it shows. I have also had an Adobe customer service representative verify the serial number to say it is a valid one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you purchase it from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I bought it from a organisation in Australia similar to Techsoup in the USA. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that the company was improperly selling licenses and that Adobe has caught up to them.

What is the name of the company?

Do you know if they were on the list of authorized Adobe resellers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The replies assume novice status and are offensive. I have been using Photoshop for many years, and bought Elements as an alternative to paying a subscription. So yes the serial number is valid, and no I do not have caps. selected. Is this just Adobe's way of saying 'times up's, pay us some more money. I prefer to buy an alternative product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if our questions offend. That's life. We don't get to see your technical abilities and it's better to be to simple than to be incomprehensible.

You have not talked about some of the possible problems raised. For example, are you trying to go from Mac to Windows or Windows to Mac?  And are you using the ORIGINAL installer supplied to you at the time of purchase, or a new download because you didn't keep it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does your software exactly match the serial number.  again,

common mismatches are language/region (eg, serial number is for western europe and installation file is eastern europe), platform (eg, serial number is for a mac and installation file is win), license type (eg, education vs enterprise vs individual).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

briana said is was a valid serial number "Adobe confirmed it" and its in shows in the account as belonging to briana. Not sure why Adobe wont just send a link to that version to download again. This is not right, if its a valid serial number and shows in the account it should work.

briana how are you installing this is it from a cd-rom disk or a file ?

Darn it its probably something really simple to fix too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

usually there is a download link attached to an account that has a serial number listed.  but that's not always the case and even when it is, that doesn't mean users utilize it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

briana were here to try and help we have no idea your level of computers right. We can only offer stuff to try and see if it works. I do believe Adobe has a fix for this there just playing hard ball because they want you to upgrade. If they can see that this is registered to you and its a valid number they can take care of this but you just have to find one of the nice tech support person that is willing to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines