• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Portfolio bullet points

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm currently setting up my portfolio in Adobe Portfolio and was wondering if there was a way to add bullet points to a text box?

Thanks

James

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Unfortunately, no.  I asked for bullets a couple of years ago but it has not been added to the text editor.   Submit a feature request below.  Maybe the team will take another look at it.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, no.  I asked for bullets a couple of years ago but it has not been added to the text editor.   Submit a feature request below.  Maybe the team will take another look at it.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, 

Thanks for the response! Seems strange not to have a basic feature within a CMS system. I'll submit a request and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Portfolio go to https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us and log in with your Adobe account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to vote for this feature in their Feedback and Suggestions forum. I believe this is how they get customer feedback for planning. 
https://adobeportfolio.uservoice.com/forums/921673-adobe-portfolio-feedback-suggestions?query=bullet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James! There's a trick to creating a bullet point. On a mac, hold down OPTION and then press the number 8 on your keyboard (OPTION-8) to get this: •

Was searching for an answer myself and then remembered the OPTION-8 trick that I used to use on Slack.

- Liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not ideal for HTML semantic reasons but an acceptable workaround 🙂  

Depending on which bullet style you want, the Win equivalents are as follows (turn on numeric lock):

alt+7= •

alt+8= â—˜

alt+9= â—‹

alt+10= â—™

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to do that myself. But I would disagree that adding a bullet character is an acceptable workaround. It does not make the content accessible for visually disabled or those using screen readers. Adobe just needs to add the ability to create unordered and ordered lists. I made sure to add that comment to the suggestion that was linked to above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It does not make the content accessible for visually disabled or those using screen readers."

It may not be ideal semantically but there's nothing precluding screen readers from "seeing" this text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also agree that this is not an acceptable workaround, as it doesn't account for the indentation required to make a list readable. Especially difficult on a responsive site if it's not a built in feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I  have found a 'getaround'. For example I'm using the font Acumin Pro in Portfolio. Open a new document in PhotoShop/add a type layer using your chosen font, then on the menu go to type/panels/glyphs (asuming your font has glyphs) choose a bullet point, copy bullet point and paste into the text panel in Portfolio.

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 14.18.39.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 14.21.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  But a properly styled list is indented like this:

• List Item
  • List Item
  • List Item

Or this:

1. List Item
  2. List Item
  3. List Item

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy OShea  I understand the typography, but bullet points aren't included in the text editor in Portfolio - or are they? It was just a suggested getaround, and one could add 'spaces' to mimick indented bullets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Submit another request for bullets to UserVoice.

https://adobeportfolio.uservoice.com/forums/921673-adobe-portfolio-feedback-suggestions?query=bullet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nancy, I was looking for an answer on how to add a bullet list in adobe portfolio and found this thread. I tried the link to make this request, but the link is not acitve anymore. Where can I request this feature? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nancy, I was looking for an answer on how to add a bullet list in adobe portfolio and found this thread. I tried the link to make this request, but the link is not acitve anymore. Where can I request this feature? Thanks!

==============

Submit below:

- Contact Portfolio Support for technical help - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Years later and I can't believe this still isn't a thing. How do you say you provide all the tools needed for artists and designers and fail miserably with solutions that are meant to help them get jobs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We don't make the apps.  This is a user-to-user community.

Submit your feature requests below:

- Contact Portfolio Support for technical help - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines