• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Portfolio | Usage of Cookie Banner

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since there is no separate section for Adobe Portfolio, I will try to answer my question here.
I'm from germany btw....

I have not included Google Analytics, Facebook or other tools on my portfolio page that send data to other servers. Therefore I was of the opinion that I do not need a cookie banner. (as far as I understand DSGVO)

But now I found an article that Adobe Type (which I use) sends data to company servers. This would mean that I would have to use a cookie banner to display this information when using my site.

My question about this:
> Is it correct that I have to use a cookie banner when using Adobe Type.
> Does Adobe Portfolio send other data to the company server?
> If so...which texts could be used in the banner?

Greeting
T.H.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Get Started forum for you, where you might get an answer.

I suggest that you try the http://help.myportfolio.com/ site, though. Portfolio is not actually supported in these forums, as you found out.

Note that the Community Help forum is for help in how to use the Adobe Communities. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....thanx for moving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone should have a cookie banner.  And everyone should have a custom page with their  privacy policy statement even if you don't track data.  See links below for more details.

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i was asked if my problem was solved.
I have set up a cookie banner and installed it for my site.
This worked basically.

But the solutions did not come from the forum only, because it is not clearly explained. I looked for the websites of other graphic designers living in germany and oriented myself to them.

I find it a bit complicated to discuss things in english when it comes to legal issues. It would be very helpful if:

>> there would be a separate section on "portfolio".
>> legal issues would be explained in the respective national language. Example texts would also be helpful.

Unfortunately I have not found any corresponding topics in German. Therefore I had asked my original question in English.

Greeting
T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GDPR is a complicated topic that goes beyond the scope of Adobe products and services.  If you're interested, there is a structured GDPR course on LinkedIn (formerly Lynda.com).

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/paths/become-a-gdpr-and-data-privacy-expert 

If you don't collect user data, you have nothing to worry about. See writing a GDPR compliant privacy statement below.

https://gdpr.eu/privacy-notice/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question here would be, Does Adobe collect data through my "myportfolio" page? Are they droping cookies through them too?
It would make sense since they actually collect data as a company, but myportfolio pages are sort of personal websites...
so a bit confusing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Every site should have a privacy statement regardless of where you reside or whether you have a personal or business site. 

If you have Google Analytics on your site, GA uses tracking code that collects data from users.  So that needs to be mentioned on your privacy statement page as well as Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites that collect data.   For further reference, see Adobe's Privacy Policy below.

https://www.adobe.com/privacy/policy.html

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether you need a cookie banner is more regarding your visitors. So myself, as a visitor from the US would not need a cookie banner to be on your site. However, given you are targeting in the EU, then those users may need to see a cookie banner.

With that said, Adobe Font's collects data to help pay out royalties and determine usage and does not collect identifiable information ( https://www.adobe.com/privacy/policies/adobe-fonts.html ). So to answer your question, I do not believe you need a banner for consent for this reason.  If you want a basic cookie banner, I believe Adobe Portfolio offers it, but if you need something more, then you might want to consider moving your portfolio off of Adobe to a site that you manage and could install a cookie banner from companies like OneTrust, Osano, Usercentrics, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines