• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Allowing Creative Cloud and Photoshop on Windows Firewall

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What binaries should I create a rule for? I'm using Windows 7 Professional SP1 Build 7601 and have absolutely no plans to migrate to Windows 10, buying a Mac is more of an option, as for now I'll be glad with just the firewall rules for CC.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

Not sure what you meant by creating binaries for your firewall.  But here is a good link:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Creative-Cloud-Firewall-Exception/td-p/7134807

As for the CC, you are referrring to the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app correct?

There are different executables that will run continuously in the background when you have this app installed. One of which AcrobatCEF helper that in the case of some macOS versions some daemons that depend on shows inconsistencies, specially over a VPN.

So the best approach would be to open a process viewer and pinpoint all the services associated to the CC app, annotate the ports that these services are trying to connect to remotely and open them up in your firewall.

If it helps, I was examining a crash dump that a macOS user shared with my and it seems like ports above 50000 are used by this app. That said, is not the app by itself that performs these continuous connection attempts but every other programs that depends on the uodating service, file synchronization to cloud storage services, Google Chrome services, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines