Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application memory

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

While using and Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, my programs are automatically quitting. I'm getting "Your system has run out of application memory" this is a new thing that's getting worse

thanks

Steve

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Sounds like you have insufficient resources to support PS + ID + AI + Creative Cloud + your operating system + all the other apps & utilities you use regularly.   The system requirements below are basic recommendations.  Your user experience will be much better with a faster chip, bigger HD space and more RAM.  

1. Photoshop system requirements
  2. InDesign system requirements
  3. Adobe Illustrator system requirements
  4. Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements

Uninstalling unused software and moving some wor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you have insufficient resources to support PS + ID + AI + Creative Cloud + your operating system + all the other apps & utilities you use regularly.   The system requirements below are basic recommendations.  Your user experience will be much better with a faster chip, bigger HD space and more RAM.  

1. Photoshop system requirements
  2. InDesign system requirements
  3. Adobe Illustrator system requirements
  4. Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements

Uninstalling unused software and moving some work files to an external drive might help free up some HD space.   See link below for more tips.

https://www.windowscentral.com/best-7-ways-free-hard-drive-space-windows-10

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue. I found the solution on another form, where I uninstalled all Adobe applications, including beta applications, and then re-installed the applications.

My original issue was that I couldn't change the settings within Illustrator since the application would not open, it would max out my GPU (system memory) when starting up and use 100gb+ of my system memory. After completing the steps above, I was able to go into Illustrators Settings > Plug-ins & Scratch Disks > Go down to Scratch Disks and change "Secondary" from none, to "Macintosh HD". 

Now everything is running smoothly, I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ben23379253kutf 

the current problem with beta apps breaking ps, ai etc doesn't apply to old threads 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, we are aware that there is an isue going on with Beta apps. Pur teams are working to get this resolved. 

Thanks for your patience.

^KS

KS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines