• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apps show as 'Not Compatible'

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running the latest version of Windows 10.

I downloaded and installed Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop directly from the website.

It installed correctly, however I cannot download any of the apps as the install button is replaced with 'Not Compatible'.

I followed all of the steps here  but to no avail:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Windows 10 are you running?

https://www.howtogeek.com/236195/how-to-find-out-which-build-and-version-of-windows-10-you-have/

Needs to be version 1909 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I updated to the latest version of Windows (using settings>Updates&Security) and restarted my machine.

I then downloaded a manual updater files from here and that found further updates which I completed.

After completing those steps, here are the details of my system:

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    21H2
Installed on    ā€Ž2022-ā€Ž01-ā€Ž27
OS build    19044.1503
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

I am unsure how to update it any further as I am still getting the same message on Adobe preventing me from installing apps due to my system being 'Not compatible'.

Thank you again for your help and assistance in this matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

If NVIDIA graphics, make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

See here for the app requirements:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Processor    AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

I running it using the latest studio drivers as you suggested (thanks for the tip) and I made sure it is up to date.

A little history about this issue I am currently facing.

I had successfully installed Creative Cloud and was able to use it when this machine was running Windows 7.

I then upgraded to Windows 10 a little over a year ago and it continued to work. I even made a few videos using premier pro and Media Encoder with no issues.

A few months back I uninstalled a few programs that I wasn't using, including Adobe Creative Cloud.

I need to use it again so I re-installed it and now I'm facing this ongoing issue where it keeps thinking that I'm running it in compatibility mode.

I completed the troubleshooting found here but for some strange reason, Creative Cloud still thinks my system is no longer running Windows 10, but rather a previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your computer meets the minimum CPU & GPU requirements. Most Creative Cloud apps work on:
Windows 11, Windows 10 versions 21H2, 21H1, 20H2, 2004, and 1909 (LTSB branches are not supported)
- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice.

From what I can gather after checking those links, my system is CB branch and meets all the requirements.

I was able to use it before both on Windows 7 and then Windows 10, however after recently re-installing it, it no longer detects my Windows 10 which is unfortunate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reinstall Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, the way I worded my previous message gave the wrong impression. I didn't re-install Windows, I uninstalled Adobe Creative cloud for a few months and then attempted to re-install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to wipe old program files from your system?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was unaware about this, thank you for the tip.

I downloaded it and ran it. On the options page I chose 'All' so that it would clean all Adobe related programs from my PC. I then restarted my machine.

I then attempted to re-install it just now. Unfortunately it is still bringing up the same errors.

I took screenshots to show the various stages of attempting to reinstall it after running the Creative cloud cleaner tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you restart your computer as recommended in the prompt?

Did you log-in to your computer with an administrative user profile?

You need admin level privileges to install software on Windows.

One other thought, do you have the latest Visual C+ Runtime from Microsoft?  It's usually sent out with Windows updates but sometimes gets corrupted.

Also read this help article.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Failing all that, contact Tech Support.  Maybe they can identify the problem.

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines