• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apps tab missing from Creative Cloud Desktop

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I'm running Creative Cloud on Mac OS 10.9.5. A couple days ago I updated several of the apps through the Creative Cloud Desktop app in the menu bar. The apps updated and they all seem to run fine, but now the Apps tab is missing altogether from the CC Desktop Window, and it's even missing from the CC Desktop preferences. (Please see the screenshots.) Also, when I click on the "Install Adobe Apps" button in the CC Desktop window, nothing happens.

Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 10.42.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-02 at 10.42.30 AM.png

I've un-installed -> re-downloaded -> re-installed CC Desktop several times, along with trying some of the other troubleshooting suggestions I've found here on the Adobe site, such as:

• restarting the computer
  • logging out of CC Desktop then back in again
  • deleting the opm.db file
  • deleting the CoreSync folder
  • deleting the AdobeAAMDetect plugin

Nothing seems to fix it. As I mentioned, the applications all seem to running fine, but I'd like to know that CC Desktop is functioning as intended and keeping me up to date. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again...

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Downloading Lightroom 6 was exactly what I was going for when I realized my apps tab was missing.  I'm on a PC, but this screen shot is a look at what I had to modify.  If you can find this same file on your Mac to modify hopefully it'll resolve your issue.

2015-06-01_8-56-01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ samuelj9177831

THAT WORKED!! HOORAY

(OSX Yosemite 10.10.5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😞 Unfortunately it didnt help on my new iMac, which I tried today (4k iMac with El Capitan).

Does anybody else can help me? Adobe, are you here? Adobe, are you listening how loud I'm crying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work for me either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Thank you Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much... I ws so upset at Adobes lack of common sense and making things work properly. Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Worked for me on macOS Sierra!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE A LIFE/GRADE SAVER!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still does work in the year 2018. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading Lightroom 6 was exactly what I was going for when I realized my apps tab was missing.  I'm on a PC, but this screen shot is a look at what I had to modify.  If you can find this same file on your Mac to modify hopefully it'll resolve your issue.

2015-06-01_8-56-01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On another note: does anyone know what might cause this setting to switch to false all of a sudden?
We just ran into this on a colleague's computer and she had been using the software for more than a year now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. This fixed it immediately for me.

Note to others...I was getting 'access denied' errors when trying to save the edited XML file, so I had to move the file to my desktop (with admin permissions), then edit it (as MattR_USA described), then move it back to the "....configs" folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU THIS WORKED FOR ME!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on mac:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs

then edit xml and set value to true

done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ smartit Your tip helped me. Elaborating this a bit for others. Quit CC and change the value 'false' to 'true' in ServiceConfig.xml and then restart your mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice, fixed it for me. Cheers for the heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKED! WAHOO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked. I also deleted the oobe files, etc. from the thread below. killed all adobe processes and boom. reinstalled adobe updater. APPS tab is back!  THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌DId the "true" "false" change in the serviceconfig.xml on Windows 7 machine...not only did the apps tab return, but I was able to finally reconnect my iPad Adobe apps to my machine as well...many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried doing the true false on my mid 2011 iMac running OS 10.10.5 Yosemite and it did not work. I just have a blank space where "Apps" should be. Did I do something wrong?

Retract!!! I missed the step that said to RESTART. It worked after I restarted. Thank you, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe why can't you fix this bug! I wasted so many hours on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this (along with just about everything else i tried) didn't work for me either. os x 10.11.6 (el capitan)

also, there is no config folder or ServiceConfix.xml in the OOBE folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me neither. There is no config folder or ServiceConfix.xml in the OOBE folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having this same problem but for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines