• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arial font not available in CC

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been advsied by Adobe support that the font Arial is not available via Creative Cloud, even for purchase, and cannot be used in any CC applications. Seemed hard to believe at first (I'd be happy to be contradicted), and this hasn't always been true.

Given how common Arial is doesn't this bother anyone else? Are there any workarounds? I've tried replacing Arial with Helvetica or a similar font in Illustrator but the spacing is not exactly the same which causes problems.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What OS are you using?
Mac OS supports Arial font.
I think that Windows OS also supports Arial font.

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using macOS Mojave. I have Arial font in my OS and use it routinely with all my Apple and Microsoft applications. But none of my Adobe CC 2020 applications show Arial or allow me to activate it. Arial is also not available in the Adobe CC fonts collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using macOS Catarina and it's showing fine.

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 05.03.29.png

Are you looking at "Find More" ?

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange, even though I have Arial installed in my OS, it wasn't showing up on the Fonts list (or on the Find More list) in Adobe applications. 

However, I found an Arial font file (Arial.ttf) in a backup file and hence realized that my Library/Fonts/ folder was somehow wiped clean. When I restored the fonts to my Library folder Arial (and other fonts) did show up in Adobe applications, so this seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows and Mac OS support Arial.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arial

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Araiel font and familly is not part of Adobe Creative Cloud fonts, but is present as a standard font on your OS. There is no reason that it is not usable on your system as all supported fonts installed on your OS, even if they are not part of the Creative Cloud font package, are supported by Adobe applications. I use some fonts that we especially acquired and that are not part of the Adobe Fonts and I'm using  some fonts from Google and I have no problems at all. Even very old Postscript and TrueType fonts from older software packages are still working as designed.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Based on your reply and the other reply above I searched around and found an Arial font file (Arial.ttf) in a backup file. This made me realize that my Library/Fonts/ folder had somehow been wiped clean. When I restored the fonts to my Library folder Arial (and other fonts) showed up again in Adobe applications, so this seems to have solved the problem. The strange thing is that I had no problem with fonts in non-Adobe applications...

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines