Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Before I Install Fresh O/S Win 10:

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I have a monthly subscription to Abobe CC, (just Photoshop basic plan). I have it installed in my main desktop computer, which has Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

I also have Adobe CC installed in my other, 'backup desktop' computer, which has Windows 7 Home 64bit as an O/S.

The plan is to remove the Win 7 OS drive from the motherboard, (all my desktops are custom-built) and install a new SSD, which will then become the new Win 10 Pro O/S drive, ultimately, a fresh installation. 

I'm concerned that Adobe CC may not allow me to install in the new Win 10 O/S if I don't first remove it from the Win 7 O/S, does anyone know for sure? I'm worried that because Adobe will 'see' that I've already got it installed in two computers and refuse installing a new download of the program after I install the Win 10 O/S. Should I perform some sort of removal procedure that satisfies any Adobe security systems?

I'm guessing I can just go on w/o worrying about the Adobe security. I'm just double checking for my own peace of mind. I'll be backing up some key Adobe settings and log folders before I start. They may come in handy later.

In fact, I have numerous programs that may, or may not, require uninstalling before I can reinstall in a new O/S, so I have more than just Adobe to worry about.

I already know that it would make things easier if I could use the "Windows upgrade tool" to upgrade from Windows 7 64bit Home edition to Win 10 Pro 64. However, for those who don't know, Windows can't upgrade from Win 7 Home edition to Win 10 Pro edition, (at least, not with a lot of rigamarole), so please don't bother making that suggestion. 

Anyway, the SSD containing Windows 7 will be wiped clean for use as a storage drive later on.

Thank you,

Rich

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

I'm concerned that Adobe CC may not allow me to install in the new Win 10 O/S if I don't first remove it from the Win 7 O/S, does anyone know for sure? 

This isn't correct. You can install the apps one more than two computers, but you can activate it only on two machines.

Goto you Adobe account an deactive the old installation on your Win7 computer. There's no need to deinstall it on this time.

Can I install my Adobe app on another computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm concerned that Adobe CC may not allow me to install in the new Win 10 O/S if I don't first remove it from the Win 7 O/S, does anyone know for sure? 

This isn't correct. You can install the apps one more than two computers, but you can activate it only on two machines.

Goto you Adobe account an deactive the old installation on your Win7 computer. There's no need to deinstall it on this time.

Can I install my Adobe app on another computer?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Since I've posted that info, I found that I do need to deactivate the Win 7 installation, just as you said. I'm going to see what I can find regarding that procedure because it's harrd to understand how Adobe CC can determine if it's installed on a Win 7 O/S or a Win 10 O/S and/or distinguish between the two.

If it can determine the difference, then I should be able to see an indication of the Win 7 installation. What I want to avoid is deactivating the wrong one.

Anyway, thank you for your reply. Even though I have my Adobe Forums set to notify me by email if I get a response to my questions, apparently I've got something set wrong because the last three posts I've created in Adobe Forums received replies but I was never sent an email about it.

Please consider the matter resolved.

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines