• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brand new Macbook Pro cannot install Photoshop - error 16

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an older user that has been on the Mac for 30 years. Through the forum I have found the details of setting the permissions and reinstalling after removing existing installation completely; still have the same "Configuration" issue - error 16.

My Macbook Pro is the latest version - 2.9 GHz Intel core i9 with 2 TB SSD + 32 GB RAM with High Sierra 10.13.6 installed.

Every other application is happy & running from the transfer from my older Mac. Adobe Creative Cloud app forced me to download as fresh version - which gave the error - 16 above.

I then downloaded the complete app as a stand alone (we have poor download speed here) - so I at least have a copy to install from.

I am currently forced to use my old Macbook to maintain production.

Any assistance would be appreciated as I have been a PS user since "Barneyscan Mac" days from 1988 and use the program daily.

cheers - Ian W

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Ian, please be aware you are posting in a public discussion forum accessible to anyone with Internet access.  I have edited your previous post to remove the personal information.

Ian as previously discussed Error 16 means the current User account does not have the necessary access to the required licensing folders.  We do have methods to deploy and use Creative Cloud applications in a restricted environment but someone has to write and update the licensing information for it to be valid.  Since y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

As you have mentioned that you have transferred the data from your previous machine to the new Mac machine after which Creative Cloud gave you an error 'Error 16', you have also tried downloading and installing a fresh version however it fails, is that correct?

This is happening because the internal folders related to Creative Cloud are corrupted, please follow the steps given in the thread to manually remove all the internal folders related to Creative Cloud: illustrator reinstalling free trial 1 day old!

After this download, the CC Desktop app again using the links given here: Download Creative Cloud desktop app.

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After about an hour of cleaning/downloading I received the same response:

Please uninstall and reinstall the product.

Configuration Error:

If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 16

http://www.adobe.com/support/

So far I have lost over a day with this. I also tried several other "solutions" from the forum - however am using my old mac in order to complete my work.

Any assistance greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After about an hour of cleaning/downloading I received the same response:

Please uninstall and reinstall the product.

Configuration Error:

If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 16

http://www.adobe.com/support/

So far I have lost over a day with this. I also tried several other "solutions" from the forum - however am using my old mac in order to complete my work.

Any assistance greatly appreciated!

Cheers - Ian Wilks

[Personal info removed - Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian, please make sure to adjust the file permissions of both the SLStore and Adobe PCD folders as discussed in Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud .  If you have confirmed that the current User account has read and right access then what other applications are installed on the new MacBook Pro running macOS 10.13.6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There;

The only Adobe application on my computer is now PS - I have eliminated the rest of the programs entirely. I run everything from FCP to Capture 1 - Aurora HDR - Pixelmator Pro - PDF Expert - an a suite of the usual Textedit - BB Edit & Microsoft Office etc…

Only issue is PS - everything else runs smooth (haven’t worried to much about Microsoft Office to be hones!)

I now intend to remove every Adobe folder from my new computer and start as a fresh & new install; I cannot see any option other than this. I already did the permissions exercise before posting here in the forums.

If this fails I will find a replacement program as I have lost so many hours this week with this issue & reverted to using my old Mac!

I have been doing design work for the past 30 years as a Mac & Adobe person. I am truly amazed at how poor the Adobe CC software is; how often it requires updating and how for all of that the core PS program has barely changed in all these decades.

What Adobe needs to realise is that many users are simply looking for a buy once and install and run scenario - the constant updating and reinstalling is just such a waste of time.

Thanks for tying to assist me - I appreciate your help - I am just very frustrated that my core tool is unavailable to me regardless of our efforts!

Thanks again!

Cheers - Ian Wilks

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian, please be aware you are posting in a public discussion forum accessible to anyone with Internet access.  I have edited your previous post to remove the personal information.

Ian as previously discussed Error 16 means the current User account does not have the necessary access to the required licensing folders.  We do have methods to deploy and use Creative Cloud applications in a restricted environment but someone has to write and update the licensing information for it to be valid.  Since you are encounter Error 16 the current User account does not have that access.

If you are unable to resolve the read/write error with the current account then please create a new local administrator account to see if it has the necessary access.  Information on how to set up a new account can be found at Install or run Adobe applications in new user account | Mac OS X .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Again;

As alluded to on my last post I rely on Photoshop as my main working design app.

I resolved the issue by the following:

1/ ~/Library/Application Support/ & removed the complete Adobe folder.

2/ /Library/Application Support/ & removed the Adobe folder

I then took a fresh download of Adobe Creative Cloud and downloaded the "Trial" version. I then installed Photoshop & Bridge & they both worked out of the box.

Even though I have logged into my Creative Cloud account - Creative Cloud is still showing as "Trial account" and to "Buy Now". REALLY?

Anyway this has SOLVED the issue after 3 days of total frustration.

Thanks to the Adobe staff who assisted me with this issue - greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an addendum - Creative Cloud is still seeing my PS app as a "trial" and a warning keeps showing up to say that Adobe Application Manager is damaged & to reinstall it!

As Adobe Application Manager is part of Creative Cloud I am surprised that updating PS & CC apps has not fixed the issue. I ended up over here - Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager and downloaded and ran the patch.

This fixed the issue with PS - I am now able to run it without incident or reference to the "trail".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ian, and until you are able to resolve the file permission failures you will continue to be in a trial state.  Did you create a new local administrator account as suggested in post #6?  If so did you also encounter Error 16 or Photoshop launching in trial mode, Ian?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff;

No the problem is solved.

I removed the Adobe application folders in the library(s); used the CC cleaner tool and performed a fresh download of everything and outside of the AAM issue - all was fixed.

I resolved the AAM issue this morning - hence my post in case someone else has the same issues!

Thanks for your help - cheers Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, Ian, thank you for the confirmation.

For future posters, you can download the released version of the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application for local installation at Download Creative Cloud desktop app .  You will have to go through the update process if using the link referenced by, Ian in message #8 of this discussion.

If you are having to begin the installation process for the Creative Cloud desktop app using local installation files then I would recommend reviewing the settings of any installed security software that may be interfering with the update process.

For more details regarding enhancements that have been implemented to the Adobe Application Manager aka Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application please see Release notes for the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines