• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can i sell the work i make with Adobe Creative Cloud Student Edition?

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it kind a hard to get a good and detailed answer on this question. In Adobes Legal Terms: Legal Terms of Use | Adobe - They write:

"3.7 Selling Your Content. We may allow you to license your content to other users through our Services. If available, you may choose to license your content through us under a separate agreement or directly to other users under an agreement between you and the buyer."

This does not say much - "We may.." - But i understand the sentence as a Yes. The on the North American site, we have this:

HOW CAN I USE MY SOFTWARE — DURING AND AFTER SCHOOL?

Do the Student Editions have restricted functionality?

Adobe Student Editions give the end user all the features and functionality of the commercial versions. The software may be used only on a privately owned computer, and the end user may not transfer or resell ownership of the Adobe Student Edition license.

Is there a time limit on using the Student Editions?

No, there is no time limit on using the Student Editions.

Can a Student Edition also be used for commercial purposes?

In North America, Student Edition software can be used for commercial purposes. Outside North America, Student Edition software is for noncommercial purposes only.

How many versions of a Student Edition can I purchase?

Each eligible person may purchase only one copy per Adobe Student Edition. For example, a student may purchase only one copy of Creative Suite 4 Design Premium Student Edition. If that student buys an additional copy of Design Premium Student Edition, no serial number will be issued for it.

How many computers can I use a Student Edition on?

A Student Edition can be used on only one computer. This is ensured through a product activation procedure, which is performed online.

Can I upgrade from a Student Edition?

Yes, a Student Edition can be upgraded to a commercial version.

Can I resell a Student Edition?

The end user may not transfer or resell ownership of the Adobe Student Edition license.

Can I use a Student Edition after I graduate?

Yes, after you graduate, you may continue to use your Student Edition; the license does not expire.

Can I use a Student Edition on a computer at school?

No, you may use your Student Edition only on your own private computer

This clearly states that i cannot use it for commercial purpose - But which rules apply? This is very unclear and why is it different if you live in North America, prior to outside? Would be lovely if you actually made one page to clear all questions, instead of having several different forums, where supporters gives different answers and no way of contacting you directly, without having to wait by the phone. Topics like these needs to be explained detailed and straight - not something you have a hard time figuring out.

I live in Denmark and i am currently studying at the university - i recently started a company, to sell my art, but as stated, i use the student edition, and simply cannot get a straight answer to if it is okay to sell work like this or if i need to upgrade my plan?

Best Regards

Thomas Streubel

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

yes, you can sell your work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, you can sell your work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud Education FAQ

Can I use Student and Teacher Edition products commercially?

Yes, Student and Teacher Edition products can be used commercially on your privately owned computer. They may not be resold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fast answers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could a student working as an apprentice at a company use a student edition at that company?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can i buy it from my father bank account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Deleted User, ask your father first, but yes, you can use a wire transfer:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/adobe-stores-online-order-payment-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines