• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I Transfer my Photoshop to another computer?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have Photoshop CS5 version 12.1

It is installed on an iMac version 11.3 running OSX 10.6.8

I should like to transfer the software to an older iMac, version 4.0 also running OSX 10.6.8.

This is so that I can upgrade the newer machine to  a more recent version of OSX while retaining the use of this version of Photoshop [which I believe to be incompatible with more recent versions of OSX.

I have Fotospeed profiles for some of their papers and these are accessed by Photoshop.

I am not sure whether my copy of photoshop can be mounted on more than one machine at the same time.

I should appreciate any help with this dilemma.

Thanks

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

You can install on as many machines as you like.  Of all those machines you can only have two activated for use.

What you should do, if you do not plan to retain the software on one of the machines is to deactivate it (via Help interface) so that you retain the ability to have it activated on two machines.

To get the software on the other machine, install it like you normally would (transferring will not work).

CS5 - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-product-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install on as many machines as you like.  Of all those machines you can only have two activated for use.

What you should do, if you do not plan to retain the software on one of the machines is to deactivate it (via Help interface) so that you retain the ability to have it activated on two machines.

To get the software on the other machine, install it like you normally would (transferring will not work).

CS5 - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-product-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ned

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond.

I have found my old access code for Photoshop and it is up and running on the second machine.

Best wishes

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>transfer the software

You must do a fresh install, not a transfer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John

See response to Ned Murphy

Your interest is much appreciated

Best wishes

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines