• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use Capcha in Spark?

Advocate ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the point of any webpage is a call to action.  I want the reader to do something.  In my case they may want to contact me, I need to give them that option.  But I'll take death before I post my email address on the web, I've had enough of Nigerian princes and Eastern European criminals.  
Can Spark use Capcha, or is it completely useless?  
Thanks

TOPICS
CC FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  
I thought the point of this forum was peer to peer knowledge sharing.  I'd crawl over broken glass naked before engaging Adobe support. It would be markedly less painful. And they don't really support Spark anyway, not like the real products. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Spark doesn't have a user-to-user forum.  The Spark Helpdesk and uservoice for feature requests are all that we have at this time.  See link below.

https://adobespark.uservoice.com/forums/369531-spark-page-feature-suggestion/suggestions/33400009-co...

That said, Spark is for a one page story or newsletter.  If you want people to contact you, use Adobe Portfolio instead.  It's free with qualifying Creative Cloud plans and has an actual contact form you can add to your contact page. 

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036484493-Contact-Form-module

You can then link out from Spark to your Adobe Portfolio's contact page.

Google reCatpcha appi is not supported in Portfolio at this time.  So I use a human/robot test question in my contact form.  See screenshot.  It's good enough for my purposes.

image.png

Hope this helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! 
I am struggling with the lack of a contact form, seems like the most important thing in there, to me anyway.  I don't think a portfolio makes sense.  I may end up doing it through the InDesign online publishing portal, that's kind of handy, but doesn't host video, or do Capcha, at least the last time I used it, anyway.

I am running a working group looking at a specific environmental problem for a government oversight body (no budget), we are in the research phase and interviewing knowledgeable people.  I don't want to set up a website, but want to direct people we will talk to to a summary of our work and the problem.  Doing that through the feds is unthinkable, and I don't want to go through the hassle of a website for something that will only live for six months.  Maybe InDesign and Spark video together, but we will have to do it without contact, or I will try a gated/disposable email account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe support (Team Spark) did get back to me, below is their response.  The exclamation mark after "though" is heartwarming. Just a tiny bit vague, but heartwarming none the less. I'll sleep better tonight.

Right now, unfortunately, we don't support this feature. It's something we are looking into though!

I want to connect you to our Adobe Spark Community Voice page- if you go to https://adobespark.uservoice.com, you will find a direct line to the developers for sharing suggestions that you think of as you use our apps. They are watching closely over there and are always looking out for new ideas!

Thanks,
Team Spark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines