• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use individual plans commercially as a single-person business?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I just started a one-woman business. Because I don't need all of the Creatvie Cloud apps, my best option is to pay for a couple individual plans rather than the all-encompassing business plan. Am I, as a very small business, allowed to use idividual plans commercially? Or are only those people who pay for the business plan allowed to sell their products?

Thank you,
Ambria 

TOPICS
CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Does the term "business plan" confuse you? Of course, the individual products are intended for commercial use.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

The thing the business plans give is that the business can control them. I generally say the individual plans aren't suitable for most businesses. This is because the business has no right to administer, transfer, or cancel an individual account, not even if they are paying. Adobe will talk only to the named individual in all cases. 

In your situation, either plan will do, but bear this in mind if you take on staff.

Another note: do NOT buy multiple identical plans for the SAME Adobe ID. You end

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

If you only need one or two Adobe Creative Cloud programs, this is the way to go. If you need 3 or more, it is generally cheaper to get the All Apps subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the term "business plan" confuse you? Of course, the individual products are intended for commercial use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my husband was confused by the names and requested I confirm that businesses can also use individual plans commercially. Thank you! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing the business plans give is that the business can control them. I generally say the individual plans aren't suitable for most businesses. This is because the business has no right to administer, transfer, or cancel an individual account, not even if they are paying. Adobe will talk only to the named individual in all cases. 

In your situation, either plan will do, but bear this in mind if you take on staff.

Another note: do NOT buy multiple identical plans for the SAME Adobe ID. You end up paying twice, but you can't run any more seats! You need multiple Adobe IDs and billing in this case, even for one person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you only need one or two Adobe Creative Cloud programs, this is the way to go. If you need 3 or more, it is generally cheaper to get the All Apps subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines