• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use the same account on two computers without any kind of sync?

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I would like to know if I can have the same Creative Cloud license installed on two computers, without any kind of syncing between them. For example:

1. No files used on computer 1 should ever be visible on computer 2, under "recent files" or anywhere.
  2. Settings made in for example Photoshop on one computer should only be applied on that computer.
  3. Downloaded content (brushes, fonts, etc.) should only be installed on the one computer they were downloaded to.

I don't know if this is how it works already, but I want to be sure. The reason I want this is simply that one of the computers is used only by me, but the other computer is used by several persons and hence I don't want anything I do on my private computer to be visible or affect the common computer. So what I want is essentially to have the two computers behave as if they used two separate Creative Cloud accounts.

Best regards,

Andreas

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, but that would mean one of the two computers would not sync or would sync to a different user account or same account but different profile.  ie, both can't sync to the same user account unless a different profile with that user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply! However, I don't really understand what you mean.

What I want is for the computers not to sync, i.e. the computers should not be aware of each other in any way. I don't use the cloud functionality, but work with all files offline and store them locally with my own backup solution. So, my fear is rather that some kind of syncing would still happen.

As an example, when I open Photoshop, I don't want the files I work with on one computer to be visible in "Recent" on the other computer.

Best regards,
Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The computers would have to use the same user account. So the computer used by several persons would be using your login credentials.  And sync would have to be disabled to the cloud to prevent settings from being backed up. This would mean that any settings/plugins/etc would have to be backed up by you.  Also the several persons would have to share those same settings amongst each other so they would not have their own instance of the application.

If this is for a business/university or similar type of business there are special volume licenses that you can use so that each user can operate individually of one another and tie it to their own login with their own preferences if that is what you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer! This sounds about what I'm looking for.

I realize I haven't been completely clear; I'm the only one using Adobes products regardless of computer. But as one of the computers is accessible to, and used by, others as well (not Adobe, though) I don't want to take any risks as I work with material I'm not allowed to share with anyone.

Best regards,

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer! This sounds about what I'm looking for.

I realize I haven't been completely clear; I'm the only one using Adobes products regardless of computer. But as one of the computers is accessible to, and used by, others as well (not Adobe, though) I don't want to take any risks as I work with material I'm not allowed to share with anyone.

Best regards,

Andreas

By @Andreas26873788ois9

That is a different scenario now and what you are asking is not going to be possible. Adobe products while called "Cloud" do not actually run online.  So you cannot install the software on a public computer because you will probably not have administrative rights to do so, and storing your passwords like that on a public computer would not be advised for the same reason you wouldn't want to store those secure documents on a public computer.  It sounds like  y ou need to make an investment in a laptop or mobile device to maintain security and give you access to the software you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, but in this case it is not really a public computer. The two computers I'm talking about are my private computer and my work computer, where the work computer is sometimes used by colleagues. Hence, I have full administrator rights on both computers and neither is publicly available, but one of them is accesible and sometimes used by others.

Best,

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

again, disable syncing on the computer that others use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and i explained how to do that: disable syncing.

but what you're proposing is illegal; you can't share your subscription with anyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines