• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't buy adobe lightroom with paypal in Ireland?

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else having trouble buying Lightroom? I've been trying to buy it for two days and have spent 3 hours on chats with the helpdesk and the best I can get is that they want me to give them my credit card information. I want to use paypal which it states on their website can be used but each time I go through the process all the way to the end it gives me a message to contact the sales department directly.

I have been talking to them for two days and they want me to give them my card details first and then will let me use paypal. Sounds fishy to me... I was also told that paypal doesn't work in Ireland, which is wrong. I use it for everything.

Anyone else fix this?

TOPICS
Activation , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe's use of paypal varies by country. ireland is apparently (per your post) not allowed.

per prodesigntools.com: 

Adobe has just made it possible to purchase all software using PayPal in many countries worldwide, so you can now buy Creative Cloud without a credit/debit card.

These countries include the US, Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, Brazil, Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, and much of Europe (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal and Spain). Alternatively, payment using Switch or Solo is also supported in the UK.

[UPDATE ā€“ Adobe says: ā€œWe no longer have a published list of countries where PayPal is accepted. Instead, the customer will see the payment types that apply to their country on the Plans page.ā€]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PayPal is a clear option on the plans page. It allows you to choose it and even verified it with the app on my phone. It also has PayPal as one of the payment options on the bottom of the page. This is also the irish site. Thanks for the help though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunatly I've tried that too. That was my first course of action. I contacted the agents on the first and second night trying to get it working. After 3 hours combined across the nights I gave up. The agents kept telling me different things and sending me links to the wrong package. They also kept asking for my card details which I don't want to hand over for exctly the reasons you just gave about scammers. This is my whole reason for wanting to use PayPal as it gives an extra layer of protection and extra help if something goes wrong. I've also tried this board, twitter and direct emails to Adobe to try and fix the problem. Still no solution that doesn't mean giving my credit card details to a random agent over the internet. I may be forced to look for alternatives though. Even though I'd rather just go with Lightroom since that's where most tutorials are based. šŸ˜ž

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek, sorry you are encountering problems with your purchase.  Support case ADB-25135904-W0P0 is currently open, and we attempted to contact you within the last hour.  Please use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to update your active support case with your preferred method of being contacted; including when you are available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I'm sorry I missed the call. My phone was charging and it's 11:30pm here. My phone automatically goes silent after 10 not to wake others trying to sleep. Should you be able to try again in the next 30 minutes I can take a call now but otherwise it would be any time tomorrow. Also, the number is coming up as private which I don't generally answer as they are normally scam callers. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. Derek, please update your active support case with the requested information so that a new callback can be scheduled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried doing that.

In the mean time I'm currently also talking to adobehelpcare@hotmail.com. No idea if that's really adobe or not. Seems suspecious but it was given to me by adobe help. Anyway, they are suggesting to buy a perpetual licence for it. Seems they can't get it to work either. Another post on this forum said that a perpetual licence is not available anymore. Anyone know who is right? I can't find it anywhere on the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek, we don't offer perpetual licenses for Lightroom CC nor do we offer support through hotmail.com. I would strongly recommend you discontinue your interactions with them.

I do see your update to your active support case, so please focus on using the method listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to update your active support case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to Adobe Support Community

Hi,

You can Directly send Email to our Adobe Customer Care Team Email Address:-
AdobeHelpCare@outlook.com and they will help you via Email.

Team Adobe

Got that message from this site. Maybe someone should look into this. I'll keep updating through the link you gave me but this whole thing is getting ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Derek.  Some e-mails have been sent to you regarding support case ADB-25135904-W0P0, but the text is different from what you posted.  You can use https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to see the responses.  

Please be cautious of any messages you are receiving as this is a public discussion forum accessible to anyone with Internet access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines