can't install CC apps on M1 Mac

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully downloaded and installed the Creative Cloud desktop app and now I am trying to install the apps I use. I started with Dreamweaver and didn't have any trouble. Then, I clicked in CC to install Photoshop. After a few seconds of saying Waiting, I get error 108 about another installer instance. There's nothing else running, so how do I get the other apps installed?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022
Just a guess, how about trying to install after a restart of your machine. That way even if the installer is running in the background it will be quit. You can also check the Task Manager(WIN)/Activity Monitor(MAC) to see/kill any other instance of the installer running. -Manan

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022
I think that going to the Activity Monitor and stopping all tasks that had "Adobe" in the name was what did the trick. Thanks for that suggestion.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a guess, how about trying to install after a restart of your machine. That way even if the installer is running in the background it will be quit. You can also check the Task Manager(WIN)/Activity Monitor(MAC) to see/kill any other instance of the installer running.

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that going to the Activity Monitor and stopping all tasks that had "Adobe" in the name was what did the trick. Thanks for that suggestion.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines