• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't install premiere pro due to low storage?

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I dont have enough storage right now for it to install on my base storage, so I set it to my hard drive to download there and its still saying not enough space like it ignored the change. The hard drive has 1.76TB free.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program manager and some common elements must go on the boot drive... move enough data files to your 2nd drive to have space on your boot drive... you may not install to a removeable drive

Install on non-boot drive https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/moving-ps-and-lr-classic-from-internal-hd-to-an-external-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need space on your c drive, even if you properly indicated another permissible drive for the install location.

ie, you generally need 1 to 5 gb free space on your c drive and another ~10 gb on the (non-root of an internal) install drive.

so, how much free space is on your c drive?

and what's the install location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for telling me, I am currently cleaning out my c drive and moving things to the other its already at 38% now. Wish it said that beforehand but glad you and Peru Bob said something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no problem.  let us know how it goes.

remember it's the same requirements on the c drive for each app and for the cc desktop app, so they add up pretty quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have enough room on your system drive for temp and system files, even if you install it, you may have performance issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines