Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't uninstall or re-install Creative Cloud Error 87

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Few weeks back I downloaded and installed the trial version of AI.  Couple days ago it stopped working.  I tried uninstalling and re-installing but its not even in program manager.  I have windows 10.

So I decided to uninstall CC.  CC is in program manager, click to Uninstall and Windows 10 does nothing.  Ok fine, I downloaded the CC UNINSTALLER and immediately get "Sorry installation failed"  - Another installer is current running which must be closed before installing this product.  (Error Code: P87).

Before you tell me to look at thread creative cloud installation Error 87  , I already have.  None of these worked for me.  I DO NOT have ANY OTHER Installer programs running.  When I look at task manager, all I see is CC starting and ending right away and disappears.  NO OTHER INSTALLER RUNNING.

I have downloaded the FULL distributed installer for CC and tried to launch the installer that way... FAILED.  In my Windows Explorer I see CC cloud in the files and folder listing on the left.  I search for it in the Registry and its all over the place.

Please please tell me the absolute best way to just GET properly remove and re-install this!

And to take things worse... AI doesn't even run anymore and opens with an ERROR 16.

Thanks

C

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Hi chOwdOwn, Have you tried using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool? If not it might just be what you need. Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems gives detailed information on what to do to remove the CC trial version. Be sure to follow these instruction carefully. I hope this helps. Please let us know the results.

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

follow each step that you can:

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 4 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me try this thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error running the CC uninstaller

CC_uninstall_errors.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chOwdOwn, Have you tried using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool? If not it might just be what you need. Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems gives detailed information on what to do to remove the CC trial version. Be sure to follow these instruction carefully. I hope this helps. Please let us know the results.

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I have not, let me try this as well... Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I tried using the CC Cleaner tool, that appeared to work... Kind of.  I don't see CC in programs and features anymore.. however I still see it in windows explorer!  ??

cc.PNG

So whatever, I go and download CC again and try to install... immediately fails with this:

adobe2_cc.PNG

There is no installer or anything running.  It's like it fails so instantaneously.  Also I just came from a reboot so I know there is nothing else running.  I know in the past on some other windows applications, there was something marked in the registry that keep making the installer "THINK" that there is an incomplete installation.  I remember for those apps I went into the registry, cleared some key and I was able to continue... I am wondering is this similar situation?  If so where in the registry?

Thanks

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening chOwdOwn. Thank you for your patience. I have referred this thread to Creative Cloud product manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other question, when checking the task manager, did you check "details"? If not can you please try installing the software again and select "details" during installation to see if you can identify an installer running? Let us know the result. To make it easier, you might need to close out some of the startup programs if there are many running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes under task manager, I only look at details, its the best way to find .exe running without a doubt.  Anyways, I ran it again and I see that there are 2 CC .exe running at same time.  Maybe this is the issue why it won't run.  Is this expected behavior?  Anyways, after I press quit, both the CC .exe disappear.

here's the screenshot.  Hope this helps!

adobe4.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information. Please accept my apology for the delay in responding. In the detailed task manager list, can you end task for ccSveHst.exe files. To do this right-click on each of the files, and select end task, then try the installation again. Please let me know if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried and got access denied  =(  I went ahead and disabled AV, but the ccSveHst.exe still runs.  Tried to run CC setup again and same error...

adobe2.PNG

adobe1.PNG

I will try to disable Symantec service and reboot and try again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chOwdOwn, Do you have Norton Antivirus Software on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I have Symentec ENdpoint Protection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi chOwdOwn,

If the issue persist, I learn of a logger tool developed by Adobe Engineering /QE. It can be used to collect data on your system that can be shared with Adobe. While it is running it collects a bunch of mainly hidden logs that QE can use to identify possible bugs. If you wish, you can use the data collected to try to identify what causes the error. The logger tool, instruction and operating information can be accessed from this link Log Collector Tool.

My understanding of how this tool works is, the log is collected the moment you installed the tool. You may go through the instruction, and check to see if you can identify the log file, which should be a zip file. If you however would like to attempt troubleshooting you can follow the instructions at Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud install issues with log files . Read-up on all the supporting links so that you have a clear understanding of what to do. Otherwise you may share the log created via Dropbox, Google Drive, or Creative Cloud link here.

I'm not sure this is the case, however it is possible that the Symatec Protection might contribute to the issue. My suspicion is based on another protection I used years ago with the same technology that reaped havoc on my computer. I had to remove it permanently. Hopefully by installing and running the Logger tool we'll be able to identify the real problem, failing that, as last resort, you might have to look at the possibility of the error caused by the Symatic Protection.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't know if you simply rebooted your machine or not .If it's already done ,check you task manager and kill all process linked to Adobe ,Creative cloud or Microsoft installer ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also check if Windows 10 itself has any pending updates and if so be sure to install them. I've seen past cases of this causing this kind of odd behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines