• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you download the creative cloud onto a 12.9" iPad Pro

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an art student and I wanted to know if I can download the creative cloud onto my iPad Pro. I have a voucher from school for the creative cloud, but I'm not sure this version supports the iPad, can you please let me know how I can use the creative cloud on it please? I don't have a laptop or a desktop to work on right now, all I have is the iPad Pro and I need to use this software for my classes.

Thanks,

Analise

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

What Ned said.

The iPad Pro (like the iPad) runs the iOS mobile operating system.

Cloud mobile apps are shown here Mobile Apps and have limited capabilities.

To run desktop apps such as Photoshop, Illustrator you need an iMac or MacBook Pro with a desktop operating system such as OS X El Capitan or macOS Sierra.

You can run Cloud desktop apps on the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 with the full Windows 10 operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There might be a few mobile apps that will work with the iPad but I doubt much else will.  In general you need a fully supported/robust Windows or Mac operating system to use any of the CC applications.  The link below includes links for the different application requirements as well as info about the CC requirements.

System Requirements

Creative Cloud - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Ned said.

The iPad Pro (like the iPad) runs the iOS mobile operating system.

Cloud mobile apps are shown here Mobile Apps and have limited capabilities.

To run desktop apps such as Photoshop, Illustrator you need an iMac or MacBook Pro with a desktop operating system such as OS X El Capitan or macOS Sierra.

You can run Cloud desktop apps on the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 with the full Windows 10 operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still the case now that the full version of Photoshop has been made for iOS? Are there plans to adapt other apps (Illustrator and InDesign, specifically)? The mobile toy versions of Illustrator just aren't good enough to use in a production setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As much as we'd all love the answers to the very same questions that you're asking, the simple answer is that - beyond Photoshop - no-one yet knows.

Full Photoshop for iOS is coming sometime in 2019. We now know that. That has been a long, hard road for Adobe and all Adobe Photoshop users.

Illustrator and InDesign to follow? Hopefully. No-one knows when. We all agree that the mobile apps don't come close to useable for production settings. Those apps are what Adobe has come up with given the hardware limitations of current mobile devices.

Be great if Apple would merge iOS (mobile) and macOS (desktop) into a single operating system so we could all use the desktop apps on iDevices but Apple has said that they have no plans to do that.

Be aware that these are user-to-user forums staffed mainly by volunteers and Adobe users just like you. We have no knowledge of Adobe's future plans. Adobe will announce them when they are ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to what John-W said

Anyone who has a Beta version of ANY program has signed an NDA so they are not allowed to discuss anything until Adobe releases them from the Non-Disclosure Agreement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I guess that with Apple having shown way more enthusiasm for iOS than legacy desktops, my guess is they will kill off OSX and just port iOS to their remaining laptops. (I dont hold out much hope for the desktops.)

Given Affinity now offers legitimate, full, professional alternatives to CC (that already run on iOS), you'd think Adobe would want to be more transparent about their plans. Making smart hardware investments is harder than ever right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've seen full Photoshop on IOS! Great, I want a copy of it...

You did not read the announcement correctly: it's coming...

As for other programs, expect some news, but be prepared to get eventually disappointed!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw the demo at the Apple keynote… or was it Max? I just knew it was close enough folks are talking about it, unlike the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AW_SacState  wrote

The mobile toy versions of Illustrator just aren't good enough to use in a production setting.

Some professionals are using the mobile toy versions and are doing great things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure they are, but closer to my point: Illustrator is my daily driver, I do 99% of my work there. Maybe 10% of that is what I would consider "illustration." No way do these mobile apps allow me to go to one central location to be that productive. The mobile apps are simplified sketchbooky/ideation/quick prototype things which, in fairness, are all those apps are really trying to do. The fact that some users can coax artwork out of them is fine, but ignores the vast majority of 20-30 year Illustrator design veterans that need a full version where and how they work through to print, web, large format, etc deliverable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe.com/go/photoshoponipad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines