Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot deactive acrobat pro 9

May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have been trying to deactivate acrobat pro 9 so I can transfer the license on to another pc.

I go in to the help menu and deactive is greyed out, but the product is activated.

can anyone help out with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rickage.

It's interesting that you've posted this, because I have a similar problem.

A few days ago, I activated a downloadable complimentary upgrade to Audition CS6 from the boxed version 

of Audition CS5.5 Upgrade. It stopped the '7-day countdown' nag screen, but, like you, I noticed that 

the 'Deactivate' option was greyed out under the 'Help' menu. This concerns me because, although I have 

no immediate plans to deactivate, I still want that option, as I seem to be having a few problems with 

the program, and might well wish to completely uninstall and then reinstall.

A question for you: how did you go about activation? I opted to activate offline. Audition CS6 

generated a Request Code, and on another PC I signed in to my Adobe account; I then typed in that code 

and the product serial number into a page on the Adobe site (N.B. don't type in the spaces between the 

Request Code characters, otherwise the process will fail); the Adobe site generated a Response Code; I 

typed that code (minus spaces) back into Audition on my other computer, and I believe Audition told me 

that activation had been successful. As I've said, the countdown nag screen stopped.

This might be an Adobe activation issue; I've just read a tenuous rumbling on an Audition forum that 

makes me think that it might be. I don't quite know what to do at the moment, either; the only thing I 

can think of is to make any issues public on these forums with as much relevant detail as possible. We 

might then see an overall pattern emerge.

Regards,

Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines