• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Creative Cloud App

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sucessfully used CC for several years. Recently I updated my computer with a new drive(SSD) and doubled the RAM. The computer works fine but refuses to install the CC App. I have spent several hours searching and trying ways to resolve this issue. From simply restarting/reinstalling to wiping all ADOBE stuff out with the uninstaller. Nothing works and that annoying message about quitting or repairing appears each time I try.

I am a photographer who relies on various Adobe products I need this fixing, but this seems impossible given that  I cannot chat with a HUMAN to help resolve the issue.

Clearly, judging by the amount of folk complaining about this issue there IS A PROBLEM and not just on my PC.

For your info I run Windows 10 64 bit 21H1 19043.1348

Please do not refer me to the troubleshooting links I have spent hours following.

I look forward to someone posting a real solution to this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you managed to sort out your problem? Sadly I have no solutions as I am in exactly the same situation. CC refuses to start and keep repairing itself. I have it installed on my old Macbook Pro and it works fine it seems there is something about Windows 10 or one of the updates.

I have completely reset the Windows 10, reinstalled all MS visual C++ redistributable and run out of the ideas what next.

Can someone suggest any other solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one thing I have not tried from below list:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

There are 2 versions of CC installer

Windows 10 version 1903 and later
(64-bit)

or

Windows 10 versions below 1903 (64-bit)

Not sure which version does automatic installer use - will check tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again thanks I did try this on my voyage to discovery. It failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the reply sorry to hear you also have the problem. I have managed to fix mine(install CC). I downloaded Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015-2022 Redistributable x64 14.30.30704 and the x86 version which has the same name. Now I can only assume this was removed and not reloaded when I had the SSD installed.

I was aware of this as a possible fix and I did check the programme files for Microsoft Visual and thought I had all the relevant ones installed.

Not sure how this works on a Mac mind.

Once again thanks for replying. It's a great pity that Adobe don't offer real support. I am in the process of looking at other software even though I do like Lightroom for my photo processing. Perhaps there is some out there from companies that still value their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fixes seemed to be only temporary. After installing all the programs CC crashed again. It may be the time to consider change - shame after spending all the money over the years on their products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 versions below 1903 (64-bit)

this version works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having repeated problems with the latest version of Creative Cloud not installing/not working/crashing.

I uninstall Creative Cloud.

I reinstall it using "ACCCx5_5_0_617.zip". This works. I can load Creative Cloud, it will load my dashboard and apps, I can update said apps, etc.

Next time I so much as look at Creative Cloud, it tries to auto-update to the newest version. There is no option not to. I can't disable it. I can't load the dashboard without saying "yes" to the update.

Creative Cloud "updates".

Then... it loads.

Forever.

Or tries to load, anyway. Until it gets me a message that it's taking longer than usual to load.

Then it crashes.

And the only way to get it to work again, however briefly, is to start the process over.

Uninstalling.

Reinstalling.

Forced update.

Crash.

Repeat.

Windows 10 is up to date.

All drivers are up to date.

Where do I go from here? It seems to be a problem with the latest Creative Cloud version, but there's no acknowledgement from Adobe that it's their fault and no fix on the horizon. So... what now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afraid, I still have not found a stable solution. Unless we can manually
disable CC to stop updating until stable fix this problem is bot going
away. I was not able to contact anyone from Adobe programming team only the
fixers trying to work remotely on already failed solutions.

Lets keep this post alive and maybe someone will respond with
logical instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue for almost a month now. I thought it was just my computer.

I tried everything, including just resetting my Windows 10 in the middle of a very busy schedule -  Thanks Adobe. And now the problem persists. Are you kidding me? I've seen someone posting on Reddit about this issue... And I just saw several posts in this forum mentioning issues with CC desktop app.

So, we're paying for something that doesn't work? I don't get it. Should we pirate the software to get it fixed? I've been advocating for Adobe despite this issue, assuming that it's my faulty system, then I find out that their software is the issue and they don't want to do anything about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only paying for it, but basically being forced to keep it installed and in use. (Well, not really "in use", exactly, because all it does is crash, which is hardly useful, but y'know.)

If they're going to make Creative Cloud a mandatory feature for their app suite, then you'd think they'd put a greater emphasis on making sure it is as stable and functional as hell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the issue is from a Windows update - have a look at this:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2021/11/22/microsoft-windows-10-windows-11-upgrade-warning-...

Is anyone able to confirm that this fixes the issue? I haven't found that update in my update history - just formatted/reset my PC. That could be why I don't see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, thank you for all the replies.

Delayed reply from me because my PC has been to the local repairers. The reason it went to the shop is all related to trying to install Creative Cloud.

As I said in a previous post I managed to do this but immeadiately get a BSOD after installing. Although I managed to also load Lightroom the PC crashed continually(mostly when idle) eventually it gave up the ghost and all I could get was a BSOD saying a critical process had died. So off to the shop.

I got the PC back yesterday and all seemed OK running just a few programs and using the browsers.

Being a gluton for punishment I thought I would give CC one more try. It loaded and I managed to install Lightroom and THEN.........yes you have guessed it, BSOD was back. I give up!

Now I am not an expert and I may well be missing something here but surely this is related to the CC software and the Windows 10 operating system(I note the above post).

My initial problems started after a fair few Windows updates and me getting an SSD and new RAM installed.

Now I am left with a super fast PC, a stack of images that need editing and nothing to edit them with. Adobe meanwhile has my latest monthly contribution in their bank and I have nothing.

I am seriously thinking about giving both Windows and Adobe the boot.

Sorry this post doesn't help with the issue but I hope it shows it IS clearly an ISSUE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very sorry to hear about that Thaibirder. It is true I have not seen too
many people from the Mac platform complaining about the CC crashing. I use
my old Macbook pro as a backup now, which keeps me going without issues.
Another question would be is it Windows 10 updates or Adobe not keeping up
with the fixes?

Another 2 hours yesterday with Adobe support going through the same fixes
remotely - no cigar. Next step - another full reinstall when i find the
time, maybe I have missed something after the first one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant Win 10 reinstall. It takes so long since the problem started, there is a chance that in the mean time Adobe will come back with a fix and CC will start working on its own. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might work for you, but I wouldn't suggest reinstalling Windows. As evident by my own experience and other users; you lose all your software but CC still doesn't work.

It seemed to have magically worked for me now. Could it be that they've finally fixed the issue? An hour ago it wasn't connecting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have that Windows update in my history, either, but I updated today with what should have contained the fix for it anyway, just to give it a shot.

Uninstalled Creative Cloud.

Reinstalled with "ACCCx5_5_0_617.zip". Again, this works temporarily.

Then, of course, Creative Cloud forces me to update -- despite my preferences not to check for updates and not to keep CC up to date. But once it decides to check for an update, there's no option to stop the process and just load the old (ie: working) version. Great design, that.

Endless "loading Creative Cloud" screen.

"Creative Cloud is taking longer than usual to load"...

Crash.

Gonna go with Windows was not the problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just fired up CC to give it another shot, and it worked!

You're right, it's probably not related to Windows since mine was updated last night and CC wasn't working until about an hour ago.

They might have finally fixed the problem.

If it didn't work, try running the CC app in compatibility mode for Windows 8 - no idea if it has anything to do with that, but it's what I did a few days ago and I guess I forgot to change it back to Windows 10. Now that it's working, I dare not change it back or close the app just yet until I'm sure the issue is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Windows 10 full reinstall, including all the files, CC is back. Only took 1,5 weeks and I still do not know if it was Windows 10 or Adobe. One thing to mention, with fresh CC installation little box came up to install ASG (Adobe Genuine Service) which I have not installed, just in case. Has to be something new can not recall seeing it before.

For anyone reading our exchange of experiances. I am not any smarter than I was before the problem started. Conclusion would be it is a pain to reinstall Win 10 just for the purpose of CC. I suspect that what ever happened has been addressed by Adobe and we will never know. From my experiance with Adobe support over remote access - if you are lucky and get someone who knows what they are doing it is efficient and they will go through available solutions (you can do it yourself, but have to dig for the answers and that can take time). On 3 remote connections 2 were decent relatively quick, helpful and efficient. In my case failed to find solution, but maybe if it was something else they would have picked up on something I have missed.

Hoping that CC will be working as it should from now on. Lets not do this again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it worked out for you.

Turns out soon as I updated to the latest version it stopped working again. So I guess the issue hasn't been fully addressed yet.

The current workaround I'm using to access the Adobe software:

1) Remove Creative Cloud Desktop App using the uninstaller.

2) Install the Windows 10 versions below 1903 (64-bit) version.

3) As soon as the CC app loads and you can access the Preferences, uncheck "always keep CC app up to date". It will automatically download it anyway.

4) Make sure you uncheck "Always keep CC up to date" every single time you load the CC app - it automatically turns it on every time.

This way you won't be able to access CC or update other Adobe software through it, but at least you'll be able to use AE, PS, or other software, with limited access to CC features.

I doubt that we can ever move past this issue as I'd seen similar CC issues brought up in the community forums since 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have tried this method and still do not understand why the roll back to
stable version would not allow you to stay as is without the updating to
the latest. At least until the issues were addressed and fix available.

My feeling is. The issue is buried somewhere deep in your old reg files or
authenticity checks. Unless you install a clean version of Win 10 (with
files removal as admin), new CC is picking it up and not letting you
through. I have updated to Win 10 straight from my old 7 and can not tell
what the installation has left behind. As painful as it is - clean install
is ruling out old windows files from getting in the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines