• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot install premiere elements 10 on my new macbook pro

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cannot install premiere elements 10 on my new macbook pro.  keep getting exit code 7 half way through installation and disc ejects. running OS X 10.7.2 (lion).  have installed acrobat reader, flash player, tried safe start mode...nothing works...HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

On behalf of Adobe, I'm really sorry about this. For anyone else encountering this issue, here is a summary of solutions, direct from the product development team:

Cannot install Premiere Elements 10 on Mac OS

If this does not solve the problem, please do post and let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i have not been able to install ...im now starting to lose faith in this product .If a major company like Adobe cannot produce an install routine that DESPITE producing an error log, clearly provides no actual CLUE as to why it is cancelling the install ! I have never seen anything like this , and as I mentioned I am pretty experienced at this kind of stuff. What chance do people have who just buy it and want it to work?

Can SOMEONE from Adobe please investigate this with some urgency and report back as it CLEARLY is not just one rogue problem that is ocurring for me alone...

I bought this to USE it ..not beta test the install routine and then debug it !

Im really begining to regret moving from final cut now..at least I could install that, even if I didnt like the workflow that much !

Adobe tech support...please respond urgently

thanks

Bill p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on a new iMac running 10.7.2.

Any headway here? A patch? Anything? Photoshop Elements 10 loaded and is running well...Premiere 10 is hanging up halfway through installation.

argon3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone here from Adobe...?  We really would appreciate some answers to this or at least knowing you are TRYING  to solve it.

Otherwise we have paid for a program which does NOT install... not good form Im afraid to say from a company with Adobe's reputation

Please respond here

thanks

Bill P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have a couple different errors.  I would recommend reviewing Installation, launch log errors | Creative Suite 5, CS5.5.  For example you can look up the error DW036 which is just one of the errors your computer is exhibiting.  This error leads you to Install log error "Exit Code: 19" | Creative Suite 5, CS5.5.

To find the different error codes you will want to search the log file for Error and Fatal.  These are sign posts which help point you to the specific error.  Also the most recent errors will be at the end of the log file as it is appended to each time you install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input...but, I am afraid I have no idea how to do what you are suggesting. I am used to putting in a disc, installing a program, and going from there. Looking up errors and installing what I need to override each error is much too technical for me. besides the fact that I just moved to mac after years of using a windows pc. I am starting to regret the mac move...could have had 3 top of the line pcs for the $. Regretting the adobe purchase also...its all just so frustrating.

-

Jeff A Wright <forums@adobe.com> wrote:

Jeff A Wright created the discussion

"Re: cannot install premiere elements 10 on my new macbook pro"

To view the discussion, visit: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4058098#4058098

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff/Adobe

I already TRIED all you suggest AND provided my logs which are above for all to see ...What more do you want?

Please stop Re- suggesting things that those of us who are technically literate have ALREADY told you we tried..that is NOT support .

As for the "personal experience" , your chat support gave up and said it was too complex for them to solve, and sent me to telephone support, which after waiting 30 MINUTES (at my expense) I gave up .

It is already obvious (as I have pointed out ) that it fails installing SMARTSOUND.. try looking there for a clue!

In fact I am going to try what Mac nerd above suggested, as those certificates ARE out of date (please sort this for a start)  IF rolling back my computer date gets round that issue, you clearly have a major installer problem , which NONE of your documents or "fixes" even acknowledge..

I expect this kind of bumbling around in the dark from a tiny software company, NOT from a respected GIANT in this industry..

NOT good at all , I feel quite patronised by your responses so far , and let down totally.

I will report back if the date fix works, but why I should even have to try it is beyond me

Thanks

Bill p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SUCCESS

So theworkaround is indeed to roll back your computer date to BEFORE Nov 30 2011 (which is when the certificates for smartsound expired!!!)

It appears this was too tricky for your own tech guys to spot, despite having been firmly pointed in the direction of smartsound by the thread here many times...

Thanks to the community we now have a workaround...

as for my faith in Adobe....well thats another matter ....

I would suggest you compensate in some small way , the people who have wasted over a day doing your job for you Adobe...

VERY dissapointed by all this

Bill P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SUCCESS AS WELL

I can confirm that Bill Padley's solution works. 

After having the exact same problems as everyone else above.  I finally rolled the system date on my Macbook Air with Lion back to 11/27/2011 and attempted to reinstall Premiere elements 10.  The program installed without errors, and I was then able to install Photoshop elements 10 without issues.

Once I confirmed that both programs installed and opened with success, I changed the date back to 12/1/2011 and the programs continued to work successfully.

Clearly Adobe screwed up something in the installer, probably associated with the certificates as Bill suggested.  Thanks Adobe support for coming up with all the wrong solutions.

Hope this helps everyone else that was as frustrated as I was until I came across Bill's suggestion.

Thanks Bill!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear it worked.. !

i cant take credit for the fix , only for pointing out that it was CLEARLY to do with the smartsound install, and not some black magic as adobe were practically implying LOLOL

thanks to NEWMACNERD for the actual rollback suggestion

we got there in the end, what a shame Adobe could not ! 🙂

I pity others less computer literate who are stuck with a useless installer program and when they turn to support are being asked to become installer debuggers!

cheers

BP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! this fix worked for me as well. Earlier I had tried installing those packages individually and noticed the certificate errors...but never thought to change the date on the computer. Genius!

Thank you some much for working this out. I'm sure it will be an easy fix from Adobe to update the installer with current certificates. It would be nice to see a notice on the webpage though.

- Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you NewMacNerd and Bill.  I will certainly pass this thread on to our Elements product team.  Great job finding a workaround!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too tried it and by forcing the date back to Nov 30th, it worked for me too! Not sure if the issue is on Windows too...

Hopefully the certificate issue won't affect run-time down the road.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is the solution; thanks to each of you for your inputs and to MacNerd for the solution.   This has left a bad taste for me with Adobe, as I agree with Brad, there was a feeling that no one was really listening and certainly not working on the problem.   Funny, this explains why I loaded this on my Mac Air during Thanksgiving, and had no problem; it was before Nov 30th.  Thanks again for the inputs from each of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not trying to "dog pile" on this thread, but Adobe aggressively priced the Elements 10 product lines on Black Friday (that's when I bought it) and I would imagine a LOT of people purchased too. So, I believe their support team will be swamped with frustrated customers. I would expect that with this newly-found issue that there should be a warning on Adobe's support Web page as early as today.

I just looked: http://www.adobe.com/support/premiereelements/. Nothing at all. Also, the list of most active support items is with Premiere Elements 7 which is how old?

I've had issues before with Adobe software on Windows (msi temporary folders can't be written to) or where deactivation and concurrent installation limits cause issues, but I never would have thought a date would be the culprit.

I have it installed now. Thank goodness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On behalf of Adobe, I'm really sorry about this. For anyone else encountering this issue, here is a summary of solutions, direct from the product development team:

Cannot install Premiere Elements 10 on Mac OS

If this does not solve the problem, please do post and let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2011 Dec 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the apology Kim...lets hope something is learned from this , and customers with a real issue, who are clearly technically competent and have tried all the obvious fixes, are at least treated with a bit more respect than we have been here.. being fobbed off to telephone support where the line just plays you music and you dont get to speak to anyone for an hour (while paying for the call) before giving up  ,is NOT the way to deal with a problem, particularly if that problem has been fully described, and all solutions tried so far have been documented here (as in this case)

IF you are going to provide support, then please do so in a thorough and logical manner, rather than just blindly giving us links to go to we have already been to with no success

As an aside, I had NO idea people were given great deals for this product last Friday - I paid full price for it , which makes the lack of support all the more frustrating !!

Cheers

Bill P

London

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try it as I'm having the same problem as everyone else. Should put this front and center for Mac users. I've wasted over two hours bouncing against a wall trying to get this to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Mark.

Back up your system clock to Nov 30, 2011.

Then install Premiere Elements 10 (Mac) with your serial number (might as well don't even attempt 30-day trial since typing in that long serial number is frustrating too).

Finally, bring up Elements to make sure it works and then reset your clock to the current time.

I bet it works! Your two hours spent may be frustrating, but I don't think it was as much as some of us have spent on it (ourselves AND then with Adobe technical support). Amazing that some sort of certificate time limit was the cause. Now

Ken "Southern Boy in Seattle" Whitaker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines