• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot re-download Acrobat 9

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2014 Sep 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Mac Mini died recently, and I had to replace it. Before it died, the Adobe programs were incredibly sluggish, and I thought with the newer, faster machine, the situation would improve. It did not, so I decided to reinstall Adobe CS5 Design Premium and Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro (which I thought was part of the CS5 package but is always broken out separately for some reason). I was successful in downloading and reinstalling the Design Premium programs, but when I go to the appropriate page for Acrobat (Download Acrobat products | 9, 8), the link for Mac OSX says "Not available." What am I supposed to do? I paid for the program, I have the serial number, and I can do nothing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 06, 2014 Sep 06, 2014

if that's acrobat 9 pro and if you follow all 7 steps you can directly download a trial here: Download Adobe CS5 Free Trials – All Direct Links without Akamai | ProDesignTools

and activate with your serial number.

if you have a problem starting the download, you didn't follow all 7 steps, or your browser does not accept cookies.

the most common problem is caused by failing to meticulously follow steps 1,2 and/or 3 (which adds a cookie to your system enabling you to download the correct version from

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if that's acrobat 9 pro and if you follow all 7 steps you can directly download a trial here: Download Adobe CS5 Free Trials – All Direct Links without Akamai | ProDesignTools

and activate with your serial number.

if you have a problem starting the download, you didn't follow all 7 steps, or your browser does not accept cookies.

the most common problem is caused by failing to meticulously follow steps 1,2 and/or 3 (which adds a cookie to your system enabling you to download the correct version from adobe.com).

failure to obtain that cookie results in an error page being displayed after clicking a link on prodesigntools.com or initiates the download of an incorrect (eg, current) version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a trial version only, what happens when the trial period runs out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should use your serial number to activate to the full version.  otherwise, it shuts down in 30 days.

p.s when using the adobe forums, please mark helpful/correct responses, if there are any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, kglad. After I get a chance to try your suggestion, I'll return to mark the response appropriately.

What concerns me more, though, is that Adobe has made it impossible for customers to access a product that they have bought and paid for. To me, that is unethical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynn Sfanos wrote:

Adobe has made it impossible for customers to access a product that they have bought and paid for. To me, that is unethical.

I don't understand what you mean; all downloads are available on this page https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Pat said.

Just because you cannot locate it immediately, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

But I do sympathise. Adobe are experts at unintentionally making easy things extraordinarily difficult - navigation of their website being a prime example since it's now so Cloud-centric.

If you go to www.adobe.com, click the Downloads link in the footer > Other Downloads

Takes you to Other downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John and Pat,

Did you happen to check out the link I posted in my original message? It's the page you eventually arrive at after you follow either of the links you posted in your replies. Those pages make it appear as though it's possible to download Acrobat 9 Pro, but it turns out it's "not available" for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accidentally entered my comment before it was finished.

Anyway, the screen you get includes this:

Screen Shot 2014-09-06 at 10.48.44 PM.png

If you know of another location on Adobe's website to download the software, let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just lurking, but  the ProDesign link did it for me. I'm downloading the AA9 Mac installer just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback, gener7. I hadn't actually tried kglad's suggestion yet, but I was giving it the benefit of the doubt when I selected it as the correct answer.

I still stand by my statement that I think it's unethical that Adobe will not allow a customer to access software that he or she has a legitimate right to, and it's necessary to locate a third-party website in order to do so. The way the "Other Downloads" page is set up now, you think, Oh great! Here's where I can download Acrobat 9 Pro!... click... click...nope.

Guess I'll be saving all my .dmg files from now on....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

prodesigntools.com is affiliated with adobe.  i'm not sure of the exact business relationship, but prodesigntools.com is NOT an independent 3rd party from adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right: I did not read your initial post carefully enough.  I don't know why the Mac download is not available for Acrobat 9 Pro.  I will try to get someone from Adobe to look into it.  (Since the download is available via Prodesigntools, the actual download is on the Adobe download server.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad and Pat, I am pleased to have learned something about ProDesignTools! I also found on the Adobe forum pages an entry directly from ProDesignTools saying they've been an official Adobe partner since 2006. (Too bad Adobe's website doesn't tell you that or lead you there! It is difficult to navigate.) And Pat, if you can figure out a way to get someone Adobe to look into the situation, that would be terrific! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now for the fun part... patching 9.0.0 to 9.5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checked that link under Acrobat Mac. No 9 updates. The updates start with 10.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2014 Sep 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: The Acrobat 9 patches for the Mac are there, they are on a ftp server instead of the usual update location.

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/mac/9.x/

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Gene!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines