• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud - Stop trying to bully me into updating!!

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2016 May 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the content owner of the Adobe CS6 Production Premium, and I do not plan to update. I am happy with my products, they do what I need them to do for work and play, and I fundamentally disagree with Creative Cloud.

A few days ago I made the move to Windows 10.

Upon doing so I was unable to open any of my Adobe products. I received an Error message marked as 'Error Message: 12' and told to uninstall and re-install my programs. I found a fix for it on Youtube, but wishing for a fresh reinstall, I chose to open Adobe Application Manager.

Upon opening, the Manager updated itself to "Adobe Creative Cloud". There was no option to manage, uninstall or repair my current Adobe products. The only options were to upgrade them to Creative Cloud level. I am currently unable to find anywhere, on the Adobe site or in my new Creative Cloud program which is both as helpful as a potato and UNABLE TO BE UNINSTALLED, but uses up a bunch of system resources just by being there.

NO, Adobe. I will not be BULLIED into not being able to use the products I paid money for and forced to pay more money to use your Creative Cloud. Stop trying to corner me off from using my own products!! If there is a problem with a product I own, on my computer, I should be able to manage and cleanly reinstall it using the Manager it came with, without jumping through hoops or doing grossly excessive internet searches just to locate these versions of your products on your website.

I need a way to:

A) Fix or re-install my current Adobe products

B) Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud, which I have no use for, and is eating up system resources.

Please and thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Fade Aolani I am sorry you are facing difficulties reverting back to your Creative Suite 6 installation.  As Ned and John have indicated many of the shared resources are updated when installing the current version of Adobe Creative applications.  These newer components, if left installed, will give you the messaging you are receiving.

If you need to download a fresh copy of the Creative Suite 6 retail installation files they are available at Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications..

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall whatever you have reinstalled and use the CC Cleaner Tool following that.  Then reinstall CS6 and activate it.

The Application Manager will update to the Creative Cloud manager - it replaces it these days.  Though it was a while ago and hard to remember, what I did was to avoid anything in the way of allowing an update for the manager.  I might even have uninstalled it (I do not see it in my Control Panel list of programs).

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not read my entry properly at all.

I don't have the ability to re-install CS6. I cannot do it through Creative Cloud and I cannot find it anywhere on the Adobe website, unless they've hidden it deep behind all of the CC they're pushing. I have made a temporary fix to be able to get through to Photoshop CS6 to use it, but it's not an amazing one. Soon, this error will start costing me money as I won't be able a to work from my home computer.

I also want to remove Creative Cloud from my computer completely. CS6 was running fine without it before, I am sure it's not necessary. As far as I'm concerned it's bloatware that is just clogging up bcxkground processes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read Cloud takes over https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2089127 for some ideas (see reply #1)

kglad links in reply #1 here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2081216 may help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2016 May 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much John. I'll give this a go tonight, I appreciate the links - Adobe Forums aren't the easiest to navigate.

Honestly I think this move by Adobe to have their Creative Cloud take over the way it is and try to give the view that customers don't even have a choice in the matter is pretty despicable. Pushing the newest versions of your products is one thing - not allowing your customers to continue on with their previous version without hounding them and making re-installs difficult in this way is another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I uninstalled all Adobe products, then re-installed Adobe CS6 Production Premium... and I'm still getting the same error code. Error Code: 16 (not 12 as i said previously, it has always been 16).

There is a fix to get around it where you run the program as administrator, but doing so doesn't let me drag and drop into Photoshop anymore. Surely there has to be an actual way to fix the program completely? And how did a fresh re-install not do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would appreciate someone from Adobe replying to this, please? I desperately need my programs functional again soon. I'm a digital artist.

I have made a temporary fix by setting my Adobe programs up to 'always run as Administrator', but due to this new security permission it now doesn't allow me to drag and drop files into running adobe programs. Sort of cuts into my workflow and is more of a work-around than an actual solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fade Aolani I am sorry you are facing difficulties reverting back to your Creative Suite 6 installation.  As Ned and John have indicated many of the shared resources are updated when installing the current version of Adobe Creative applications.  These newer components, if left installed, will give you the messaging you are receiving.

If you need to download a fresh copy of the Creative Suite 6 retail installation files they are available at Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines