• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 6 in Creative Cloud?

Contributor ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Creative Cloud (CS6 and beyond) include Captivate 6? All other applications in eLearning Suite 2.5 are already in the Creative Cloud so it seems reasonable that Captivate would go to the cloud too. If I get everything in Creative Cloud that is in the eLearning Suite there seems to be no reason Captivate can't go in there too.

Hearing just bit about Captivate 6, I have heard nothing about any new eLearning Suite. Is it because the Creative Cloud has it covered? Another reason to put Captivate in the Creative Cloud, I think.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

I created a feature request on your behalf here

http://forums.adobe.com/ideas/1786

Adobe Feature Request / Bug Report Form

Please add your vote and any comments if needed.

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
Feb 02, 2013 Feb 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is absolutely essential that both Captivate and Presenter are included with the Creative Suite. For whatever reason Adobe sees these two as being for instructional design only (forget the fact that I see them as instructional development tools). The fact is that people in every single discipline: engineering, marketing, sales, medicine - could use Captivate to create highly interactive presentations, interactive tutorials and evaluations. I agree that instructional designers bring an art and science to what seems like point and click capture, but there is market potential for Adobe that should not be forgotten.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I strongly support idea that Captivate 6 would be part of Creative Cloud!

Best Regards

TaikaJim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - well said! We'd like to stream our Ask the Experts shows live through YouTube and having Captivate in Creative Cloud would make all the difference. I was surprised not to find it in my sub.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember when LiveCycle was included with Acrobat9, then removed when 10 came out, turned into a pay item seperate from CC. Luckily I purchased CS6 before the CC change and was given a free copy of LC3. LC4 is still a pay item. My point is that they will not give Captivate a cc position because it just doesn't fit into the design section.

I would like Captivate, because I create tutorials for my companies software and make instruction clips for tech support.

I have added a feature request when CC first release asking for Captivate. No word yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently eLearning Suite is an option: http://www.adobe.com/in/products/elearningsuite.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definately a slap in the face for $50 a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya, I don't mind if its not captivate really, all I want is a screen recorder that will record in HD and capture system audio so I can make music tutorials.

Count me as a vote still though definitely!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just noticed the idea received so many votes (think it was over 700 last time I saw it) Adobe took it down.  Must be a great way to handle your customer requests.  If they all request a feature simply hide the evidence.

Interestingly Adobe no longer lets you purchase Captivate month to month either.  With all of the other products in Creative Cloud it is hard to see why this one is seperate.  Must be a solid revenue stream but seems odd that it would generate more revenue as a stand-alone than something like PhotoShop.

Another odd thing is that the eLearning Suite is no longer an option so if you are a school they must figure it is a good idea to milk you from two directions. 

What is most bothersome is the lack of comment on the topic (other than to remove the idea link above).  Come on Adobe at least have the courage to tell your customers you are not going to do what they have asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. "Currently" seems to be the standard operational word here. Adobe is always Currently offering options and then taking them back again. Not too keen on constancy??? So, according to this policy, a staff member can comment safely to posts. As of October 11 last year eLearning Suite WAS an option. But for Adobe, on October 12th this could be untrue, due to new policies. Simple users cannot keep up with promises like that, just as simple voters cannot keep up with the promises that politicians make. It would indeed be great just to hear: "We at Adobe don't do this anymore, in fact never again." But that may not Currently be the company policy....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was under impression that ALL the Adobe software is now available for 600 USD per year (3000 USD for 5 years).

What actions are required to implement an official request to Adobe Inc. with all of the above 200+ signatures to make Captivate available in Creative Suite?

p.s. The link David__B provided doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2014 Feb 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told this as well.  Very disappointed to find out that it is not true.  That is simply not good business practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2014 Feb 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe is unwilling to add Captivate to the Creative Cloud offering, then how about offering a steep discount oaver the standalone subscription for Captivate to Creative Cloud subscribers? I would gladly pay another $5/mo. to add Captivate to the package but I will not be using it frequently enough to justify the full cost of an additional subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2014 Feb 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Friends!

I am also willing to pay a little bit extra if Captivate would be part of Creative Cloud family. 

Best Regards

TaikaJim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2014 Apr 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add Captivate!!!!  It makes no sense to exclude this program...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see this product added to the Creative Cloud Suite as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also be willing to add €5/month to my CC subscription to have access to Captivate. In my opinion it's mandatory to have a screen capturing software included in Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why Captivate is not with Adobe CC, but seems like it should be. Please add this app to the cloud!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2014 Jun 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please include captivate in the cc package"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please add Captivate.  I do not understand why it is not included in this suite.  I would use it far more than some of the more obscure programs that are included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree wholeheartedly. Why is Captivate not part of the Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another vote here to include Captivate as part of Creative Cloud.  That would be a deal maker for me to become a full subscriber.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No response from Adobe yet I take it.  Are Captivate and Presenter the only suite products left out of CCT?  Captivate 8 is $912 on its own so I imagine that is a great revenue flow for them.  Could users use Adobe Premiere Pro CC, which is in cloud, instead to do something similarly done in Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, please include Captivate and Presenter to Creative Cloud service, and then I will renew my CC plan.

I was user of Creative Suite 6 Design Standard since version CS2 and eLearning suite 6 since version 2. Because Adobe stopped future plans for these products, but Captivate and Presenter was not included to new Creative Cloud, only separately, I had Creative Cloud plan payed, but only first year (24,59 €) and plus subscription Captivate (22,13 €). After first year I have stopped CC and buy perpetual license from eLS 6 to individual CP7 + Presenter 9 (it was possible). And still use CS6 installed products.

In june i have upgraded Captivate 7 to version 8 perpetual and Presenter 9 to version 10 perpetual. But other products have and use CS6. What can I do... Its not possible (for me) to pay CC (60€) + Captivate (22,13€) and Presenter (16€) each month. It would be not fair, when other designers and developers pay only CC (60 €) and I would pay nearly 100 €.

Yarik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2014 Jul 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2014 Jul 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently have a full Creative Cloud membership and desperately need a screen capture program for creating online tutorials for my students.

This thread was started in 2012 for Captivate 6, what is the delay in adding Captivate into the CC family. I just updated all of my apps to CC (2014), but Captivate is still not an option. Come on, let's make it happen… 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines