Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2019 Apps Rubbish

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to rant.

So I made the grand mistake of updating all of the CC 2019 Apps I use, Acrobat, Bridge, Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and well that was a huge mistake. All of them are ridiculously slow, colour profiles don't stick when I've set them up. Acrobat has gotten worse than before and I don't how that is even possible. It sucks so much memory and is so slow anyway that I can't believe they made it worse.

Anyway back to InDesign

Workspaces don't stick. Only appear after I click on something that should be in my space. Congrats on that one Adobe. It's credibly slow. It asks me every single time about the colour profile of the document. Tried to find out how to turn that crap off but can't find a way. Tried to make my profiles stick too and that doesn't wanna work. Hangs.. ALOT. Slow to save files.

Illustrator

Slow. Slow. Slow. Takes about 10 minutes to open a 50kb file. Hangs.. ALOT. Slow to save files.

Photoshop

Slow. Slow. Slow. Hangs.. ALOT. Slow to save files.

Oh and I have 11 machines running this hunk of junk so I think I spend enough money annually with Adobe to tell them to sort their [profanity removed by moderator] out.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 109 Replies 109
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One big one slipped my mind and it's not exclusive to CC19.

For whatever reason, Adobe has more than once decided to change the type engine. This has resulted on more than one occasion with our shop messing up orders through no fault of their own. What happens is that opening up a document not native to the specific year's version it was created in results in reflowed type. This has created nightmares for pick up jobs, heavily tabbed layouts and pages that use tables.

For no good reason at all, all of the type in a 48 page document will completely reflow and generate new line breaks that we have no real reason to even consider looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The incredible stupidity of changing the undo key arrangement in PS, when it worked well for people for 20+ years is plain mind boggling.

I'm confused here... The undo key (CMD+Z) hasn't changed, at least not for me? Are you referring to the ability in 2019 to undo more than 1-step? I found this addition extremely welcome and handy. As well as fairly common in most software... Please correct me if I've misunderstood. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leepar  wrote

mattrock1 Photoshop is not illustrator and not used the same way as far as undo. If you use photoshop for its purpose, surprisingly haha that is not layout, then toggling undo redo has been both the norm and the most convenient configuration for real users. If you wanted to go back further the history pallet was the go to.  I have used photoshop for over a quarter of a century and this change is one of the most pointless, annoying and time wasting so far.

Redo shortcut is CMD+SHIFT+Z. Which I find rather intuitive. I've been using PS for almost a quarter of a century as well (Wow... time flies) and it feels second nature. Saves me time going through the History panel. I "wasted" more time replying to this comment (no disrespect intended), than I did getting the swing of that handy new feature. Ah well, different strokes.... Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leepar  wrote

LOL only offended by you describing it as a handy new feature...That's alot 'handy stroking' your doing there ^^. Not a feature, not new, and not handy if it removes well used functionality. 

LOL Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this has to be the worst upgrade that Adobe has ever put out. Way too many bugs in InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator. After attending AdobeMax our in-house department was so excited to use the new features. What a complete waste of time and energy that was. So many bugs and problems in the new versions we had to go back to the old versions. Here we are 5-6 months later and Adobe still hasn't fixed all the bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the weirdest things Adobe has always enjoyed doing is changing keyboard shortcuts and moving menu items, often for no good reason whatsoever. That was usually the extent of my issues with previous iterations but this one is just a nightmare.

Just because it's a new calendar year does not mean you have to issue a new version. It's not a Madden football game. If ti works well enough and complaints are minimal, then just fix the few weird bugs, leave everything else alone and count your money.

The subscription model is BS because I can go weeks/months without getting freelance assignment so any profit I make is used up in fees. It's not like Netflix or something where if I don't watch much that month then I'm getting ripped off since it's up to me what to view and it's also not being used as a business tool. (I've heard defenders cite the Netflix argument/comparison)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just ridiculous! Every new update is just making everything slower and buggier. Illustrator 2019 after new update is piece of junk. Until now I always kept the new version with some stability issues and lagging. But now? Not possible anymore. Some old bugs fixed in previous versions are now back with new friends! Cant even copy and paste correctly, everything is so damn slow. Have this version on 5 computers and going back on each station.

Adobe, please either stop with this open beta testing, or mark your new version as Not-Safe-For-Work and let us know when you are all set to go. This is not some SW playground. We are paying a lot of money every year for these misfires.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Illustrator and Photoshop alot in Win 10 and they regularly crash or freeze  or something doesn't work on them and they are also slow. Adobe has been in business for many years and all of these kinds of problems should have been sorted out by now in all of their programs. It seems to me that adobe doesn't want to do anything to improve these aspects of performance on their apps. I am considering changing to another graphics software app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

two weeks ago I posted here for people to upload the win crash reports to see if it was a OS or system error.

All I have seen are complaints.

Is Adobe at fault for most of the issues? Probably.

But I end up with PS and AI crashes maybe once a month at most.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has become a dark day at my house when a Microsoft program, is by far more stable than an Adobe program on my MAC! I have been using adobe products since the early 90's. I still have the Photoshop 2.5.1 DVD and box proudly on my bookshelf in my office. But this year I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars having MAC IT guys come out to my home to try and fix these issues, now I know that was just money down the toilet and the root of the problems are in CC. I don't even want to calculate the cost of lost HOURS of work time watching the rainbow spring wheel of death. And we all get to pay Adobe monthly for this "privilege?"

Dear Adobe, this might be the beginning of the end for you if things don't change. This is how you took over QuarkExpress market share and i'm sure there is another young software company out there just waiting for their chance. Just sayin'...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines