Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2019 Apps Rubbish

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to rant.

So I made the grand mistake of updating all of the CC 2019 Apps I use, Acrobat, Bridge, Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and well that was a huge mistake. All of them are ridiculously slow, colour profiles don't stick when I've set them up. Acrobat has gotten worse than before and I don't how that is even possible. It sucks so much memory and is so slow anyway that I can't believe they made it worse.

Anyway back to InDesign

Workspaces don't stick. Only appear after I click on something that should be in my space. Congrats on that one Adobe. It's credibly slow. It asks me every single time about the colour profile of the document. Tried to find out how to turn that crap off but can't find a way. Tried to make my profiles stick too and that doesn't wanna work. Hangs.. ALOT. Slow to save files.

Illustrator

Slow. Slow. Slow. Takes about 10 minutes to open a 50kb file. Hangs.. ALOT. Slow to save files.

Photoshop

Slow. Slow. Slow. Hangs.. ALOT. Slow to save files.

Oh and I have 11 machines running this hunk of junk so I think I spend enough money annually with Adobe to tell them to sort their [profanity removed by moderator] out.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 109 Replies 109
Contributor ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe continues to exist and thrive just like any monopolistic corporation — because there isn't sufficient competition, and also because the entire printing industry is based on Adobe Postscript. They will continue to rest on their laurels until a game-changing challenger comes along.

I haven't noticed any crippling issues with Premier Pro or After effects — as long as I delete the cache folders every day. Rather, it's the mainstay trio of apps [InDesign (speed), Illustrator (bugs), Photoshop (unnecessary, ineffective changes)] that have been glitched up for no discernible reason.

As I said, if all you do is retouch and color correct in Photoshop, everything should be working fine. If you aren't required to work from a corporate fileserver when using Illustrator and InDesign, power to you — I'm sure everything is fast in that case. If you are self-employed and set your own hours, great. If you answer to no one but yourself, good for you — you have time for tutorials to re-learn everything you've been doing for 25 years (30 in my case). Everything is fine and dandy, I'm sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think most of us know the difference between user error and outright bugs. I've excelled at dealing with passive aggressive people and even conquering them; but haven't been so great at tolerating poorly-executed software. Maybe it works fantastically for people with limited needs, (retouching and color correcting). Power users are more likely to run into problems with this new suite (which is full of problems).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues with Indesign and Photoshop 2019. Hangs up or just outright crashes continuously. I have a pretty stout machine.

I have had to go back to the previous version, which was very stable... no issues at all. I really hope Adobe fixes this quickly. It is rapidly becoming a pain when sharing files with users that are able to use the newest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that this update is probably one of the worst I have ever come across from Adobe and I have been using Adobe products since Illustrator 88!!!

I upgraded on one machine to test and instantly came across problems.  I have three more to upgrade and will not be doing that till Adobe sorts the bugs out.  Auto collapsing menus creating multiple clicking to use options that would have one take one click in the past, slow opening files, low RAM warnings (caused by both Photoshop and Illustrator not clearing RAM when files where closed), preferences not actually working (can't get rid of the home screen in most apps), menu items being moved and having to spend ages finding them all again.  And Adobe, we professionals, who have been using the software for many, many years, don't care about a CLEAN interface, we need the options and tools for efficiency.  Stop moving stuff around and switch off the tour popups and notifications by default.  If we want to find out about new features we will go looking for them. 

Sorry rant over!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad other users are experiencing the same issues as I am (sorry, but just glad I'm not alone). This is horrendous ADOBE need to sort this out!!

Photoshop transform tool is an utter mess, full of bugs, having to re-place linked images twice over to to get them to render correctly. The tool has been 'updated' or easier to say changed for no reason whatsoever and just doesn't function in a conventional manner as it did before.

Don't even get me started on colour profiles. Utter nightmare!!!! MY work looks like I design it on acid.

I've lost days of billing hours trying to fix problems I didn't have before the update, or just been slowed down by bugs and weird changes. Been apologising to clients for delays and unexplainable errors making it look like I'm using Adobe as an excuse for a whole shed load of problems! These aren't even updates that 'you'll get used  to eventually.' They're a mess.

I can't believe for one second anyone involved in these updates uses creative suite on a daily basis as their main tool of business. Shambles is the most polite word that comes to mind.

I've been using Adobe applications for over 25 years and wish i had an alternative because I would show my utter contempt by going elsewhere.

Another rant over. Back to trying to catch up and making excuses.

Any response Adobe??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree! Too bad we can't charge them for time lost!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the worst updates Adobe has done. Everything is slower, InDesign keeps spinning the rainbow wheel of death in EMPTY page documents before I even do anything. If Photoshop crashes for whatever reason it's screws up my Suitcase plugins and need to quit all Adobe software open to get it sort itself. Illustrator has been getting steady worse for years now and again, is sooooooo slooooooowwwwwww. I absolutely HATE working in Illustrator as it is so clunky. Why does After Effets open, show the content, then disappear and load then content in again?

And Adobe, bin that bloody stupid scaling option in Photoshop and slap the developer who thought it was a 'great' idea. Every other Adobe software scales in size holding down shift, why the heck do you want to NOT have that anymore in Photoshop is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree. I am on a PC and indesign hangs doing just about everything, and you don't even get a dialog box. Just sits there forever. Trying to convert some text to a table and it never got it done. I jumped back to my 2014 version that we have to have still because of stibo plugins, and it took it less than 2 seconds to do it. Spending my morning rolling back to earlier versions, then sending out a dept wide memo to NOT upgrade.  25+ year Adobe user who now no longer recommends Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People having issues on  a windows machine with the app crashing.

Go to control panel/administrative tools/ event viewer/windows logs/application/

select copy as text the app crash and post it here.

At least I maybe able to fix some issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes me feel so much better, I was seriously thinking it was my new computer acting up...

As a full time graphic designer, Adobe needs to step it up and fix this and fix this quick!  I do not have time to wait for Illustrator to keep "thinking".  It has taken me 3 times longer to do the simplest tasks..

If anyone has come across a setting or anything to speed it up, please pass it along, just so we can all work faster, and wait for them to fix this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE - WHY DO YOU HATE US?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dunno about anyone else, but I'm going back to CC 2018 until Adobe sorts this shambles out. Photoshop crashing all over the place. Everything so slow. Utter joke. Can I get my money back?

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 10.56.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you post that picture?

...and the refund policy can be found on the Adobe web sites.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? Because the updates are garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So users could locate the option perhaps?

And getting snarky about the refund info...we already know your camp.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol, an arm and a leg for the subscription? Maybe you should leave the really inexpensive professional software to the professionals. You have no idea what this software used to cost, so maybe do a little research before saying such nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, Super Adobe Man to their defense with snark for all who don't say how awesome they are. Lmao

I do know what it costs, back then and now. It wasn't cheap but we owned it and used it until we were ready to upgrade. Even the suite of choice cost $999 it was paid for in full. But at $89 a month for the last three years, for a product I don't own? That's what I mean by an arm and a leg.

It's basic math, so stop insulting our intelligence. This subscription service is like leasing a car you can never own.

Paying flat out for a version and owning it versus monthly ongoing subscriptions where you lose access if you stop, is a sweet money maker for Adobe. Lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve made the calculations and I concluded that the subscription model does not cost more than the acquisition model. We did every second upgrade.

What happened was that we were able to increase our license count from 4 to 6, because the subscription did not chill off the management who needs to approve the license. I agree, this is not for all. A freelance could decide to upgrade only every fourth or fifth version. But to be honest, upgrades were always imposed on us, because one of our contractors wanted us to use the latest software or a subcontractor was charging extra to downgrade their files.

But look at it as you want I have the following facts:

• I’m running the latest version of the programs on my Windows 10 system.
  • My colleagues are running older versions on a Windows 7 system
  • Because of that, to collaborate, I’m using also in parallel older versions on my system.
  • We are working perfectly and nearly seamlessly together.

For me, and I emphases for me the subscription model is great and I love it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniel, it would be a lot more helpful if you didn't take an insult to Adobe so personally, we're talking software here, not your kids or your wife. All you've done is sit on a hypothetical high horse and insult anyone who has had an issue with an Adobe product.

'You have no idea what this software used to cost'...that just highlights your ignorance, making an assumption that you know better than the person who left the comment. The subscription model is ridiculous, it makes business sense for Adobe but its far from ideal for users. If someone subscribes as for 10 years...how much have they spent in comparison to what the software used to cost.? They've bought it multiple times over.

Stop with the 'Im right, your wrong....yoda I am' opinionated nonsense if you have nothing to constructive to add...granted I've just done the same, but I don't mind admitting to being a hypocrite to make the point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniel E Lane My God man are you in Adobe's PR dept? We get it. You like the software and haven't had a problem. Other people have legit problems (like myself) and I've been using Adobe products since 1993.

And the subscription model is "an arm and a leg" for a part time freelancer like myself who may get one or three side projects a month and maybe not get any for 2 or 3 months after that. For the two months it sits there, I basically lost the money I made freelancing, not only paying for software I'm not using but for software that breaks itself whenever it decides I need an "Upgrade".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Adobe products since 1989. CC 2019 is the worst release I have ever seen, with exception of the botched InDesign release several years ago.

The graphics programming experts have been replaced with software "engineers," most of whom operate out of India.

I was once an Apple evangelist, and can no longer do that since Steve Jobs is no longer around to keep things right. I can no longer be an Adobe evangelist, because they have been screwing up too much. In short, there is no benefit to being loyal to any particular brand if they can't maintain their quality standards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

herb4  wrote

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Daniel+E+Lane My God man are you in Adobe's PR dept?

Daniel does not work for Adobe or he would bear a STAFF badge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES - this is terrible relese ever. I can only use Illustrator after first update. PHOTOSHOP and INDESIGN is UNUSABLE. And one more total  [inappropriate language removed by moderator] - ir ADOBE READER - only spinig beach ball, even then you open very small document.... Adobe Adobe.... what  [inappropriate language removed by moderator] you are doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no or little trouble with this update. But I know that there were some bugs in Illustrator and that an update has been released soon after.

You can reinstall a prior version in the meantime and wait for more bug fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seriously considering downgrading our entire department back to CC 2018. All the 2019 apps have new bugs that didn't exist before. Working over a network is worse and slower than ever. Unnecessary changes made to features that worked fine before. Bugs in the user interface, such as inability to control window size in Illustrator, inability to see outline of layer in Photoshop's free transform distort, missing pieces of user interface in save-as dialog. And what's with the new sizing of all the panels and toolbar? Overall, the apps have a very junky, amateurish feel to them — like using something developed by Corel back in the late 1990s. The 2019 release is pure junk. Do the developers not test and do peer reviews before releasing major upgrades?

Using a one-year-old iMac Pro to do all the work — a very expensive and capable computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines