• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2021 and 2022 installed?

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody. I just went to load Illustrator and noticed in my start menu that both the 2021 and 2022 versions are available. Upon checking the same is true for all of the programs I have installed. Does this mean I have multiple versions installed or are they just icons that I can see and 22 did actually overwrite 21?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

2022 and 2021 can coexist side by side. It even makes sense from time to time to have the two latest versions on your system. You can control this with a parameter in the CC Desktop app:

Abambo_1-1641473592630.png

Abambo_0-1641473550332.png

It's up to you to decide on how you want to get your programs updated. And you can go back one major version, if you updated and the update causes major problems with your current projects.

For some programs, I prefer manual updating, especially when I'm in the middle of a project.

You also need to know

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 and 2021 can coexist side by side. It even makes sense from time to time to have the two latest versions on your system. You can control this with a parameter in the CC Desktop app:

Abambo_1-1641473592630.png

Abambo_0-1641473550332.png

It's up to you to decide on how you want to get your programs updated. And you can go back one major version, if you updated and the update causes major problems with your current projects.

For some programs, I prefer manual updating, especially when I'm in the middle of a project.

You also need to know that the default application can be only ONE version and that uninstalling that version, you may have to manually assign the remaining version as default.

Also: older versions take up disk space, so if space is tight, you need to make a choice.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much Abambo. Much appreciated especially the extended advice. The disk space was my first thought but thanks for the other considerations as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines