Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC APP doesn't show 2018 updates

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to everyone,

a tedious issue: on my home win pc I've open CC app, follow the update red dot link, update PS and LR to 2018/CC version in a few minutes.

My second win pc , at work, has the same software installed but when I open CC APP it doesn't show me any update available, so I've my PS 2017 and the LR CC 2015.

These are the steps I tried:

- logout / login from CC APP

- delete the odm.db or a similiar name from the user\locale directory

- contact Adobe support where a gentle supervisor remotely remove my CC APP , clean the temp dirs (like SL Cache and so on) and reinstall the CC APP....And after 30 minutes told me that "probably my pc doesn't fit with 2018 specs requirements" (obiouvsly nothing change in that way from 2017 to 2018, the machine is recent with Win10 and so on and old PS works at top speed)

Any ideas?

Thanks to everyone and have a creative day

BONUS: the only thing I change during last days was my graphic card, by add a pci-e Ati Radeon one to my system...Does Adobe do a sort of hw check like windows to understand if you are using another not licensed pc instead the 2 where you can install apps?I cannot imagine anything other at the moment. PS 2017 and other Adobe software work flawlessly.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Hi steful,

Could you please check the version of windows on your second win PC. The October 2017 release of CC apps is not supported on windows 10 build 1507 (version 10.0.10240).

Thanks,

Vimal

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expected.... we need a new OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured it out! Click on the down the arrow next to "update" or "open" and click install other versions and install the CC version. It will install the 2018 version!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved here after the latest CCApp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've got WIN 10 | 1507 and I did not recieve any update for PS or AI

I even can't download PR or AE it keep telling me that my device isn't compatible... While my pc can run PR with the highest performance.

I guess i found the solution. You can download the lastest version without using Adobe Creative Cloud.

Link:

Download Creative Cloud apps

Was it helpful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines