• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC app updating irregularities

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I noticed that there were updates available for Photoshop, LR Classic, and Camera Raw. I opened the CC app on my Mac and tried to update those apps.  The "update all" link was grayed out and when I clicked on the individual update buttons nothing happened.  I restarted my Mac and tried again, but the same thing happened.

The I came to this page, and as I was typing something into the subject line I get a popup window about CC wants to make changes, asking for a password (see screenshot below). I enter my password and the same window just pops up again. I again enter my password and then the CC app opens and it shows my apps are now uploading. Then I get another popup asking me if I want to update the CC app itself.

What is going on with this Adobe?  If this is how it's supposed to work then the engineer who designed that workflow needs some psychiatric help.

I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
…Tom Waits
TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

I get a popup window about CC wants to make changes, asking for a password (see screenshot below). I enter my password and the same window just pops up again.

The screenshot you have posted is your Mac operating system asking for an admin username and password - so that it has permission to make changes. This box appears whenever you install or update any software on your Mac.

This is usually the username and password you use when you log in to your computer. Not your Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a popup window about CC wants to make changes, asking for a password (see screenshot below). I enter my password and the same window just pops up again.

The screenshot you have posted is your Mac operating system asking for an admin username and password - so that it has permission to make changes. This box appears whenever you install or update any software on your Mac.

This is usually the username and password you use when you log in to your computer. Not your Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud constantly makes me repair the desk top app in order to update the apps I have installed. I am so sick of this. In addition, as I have already complained about to no avail, every time an app needs to be updated it screws with my workflow as the apps don't work properly. I would NEVER DARE to allow the crappy thing to automatically update (nor do any of the designers I've worked with). How can you be known to have a such a constantly glitchy product and not fix it? We're paying you a fortune yet you constantly cost me more money in nonproductively. SO disgusted with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried uninstalling the Cloud desktop app then reinstalling it?

That has worked for me in the past when I've been stuck in the constantly repairing loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines