• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Desktop App quits during installation?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to install the CC Desktop App (v3.8) it only gets 2% of the way through before crashing. It says "Initializing Installer" and then "Downloading Creative Cloud desktop" and then just quits. Now I don't have the Desktop App anymore and can't install it.

Everything used to work fine, until this morning my CC Desktop App had "error 1002" so I followed the support steps and eventually un-installed the app, then downloaded the latest to re-install.

I've tried a lot of things - restarted a dozen times, quit all Adobe apps, deleted the OOBE, deleted the Application Manager, ran the Cleaner Tool, opened my firewall. Still the same problem, it crashes during install, right at this point:

adobe-cc-desktop-app-error.png

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Mac OSX 10.10.5

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

After trying everything known to mankind, I finally did fix the problem!

Here's what I did, I hope this can help someone else in a jam:

>> Install a new Application Manager, then run it and let it update itself. It will automatically download and install the latest version of CC Desktop App. <<

Here's the full instructions:

1) Download and Install a new Application Manager

Adobe tech support gave me this link to download a new Application Manager: Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh

Th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Xg,

As you have mentioned you have already tried basic troubleshooting steps to resolve the Error 1002, i would recommend you to try the "Solution 3" in the following link: Creative Cloud desktop app failed to install (Error code:1002).

Once uninstalled use the following link to Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial.

Please make sure that you have read and write permissions on the following folders and share the results:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H

I have the same problem. i was all set up on my new laptop but had an issue with something else so did a system restore, now I can't get the downloader to work.

I have tried with this solution and its still a no go. The downloader gets to about 2% and just dies. Its driving me mental!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying everything known to mankind, I finally did fix the problem!

Here's what I did, I hope this can help someone else in a jam:

>> Install a new Application Manager, then run it and let it update itself. It will automatically download and install the latest version of CC Desktop App. <<

Here's the full instructions:

1) Download and Install a new Application Manager

Adobe tech support gave me this link to download a new Application Manager: Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh

The app is from June 2016 and on the official adobe.com website, so that's great. I did a double-take when I saw a note there saying "if you've been advised to download this, then download the latest CC Desktop app", but what they mean is you'll probably want both apps. Feel free to download it, but it's probably the same one that's crashing on you now.

In any event, download this new Application Manager, launch the disk image, and run the Install program.

2) Run the new Application Manager

After you've installed it, go to "/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager" folder. You'll just see a SWF and some folders in there, but if you go into the folder called "core" you'll see a nice red application called "Adobe Application Manager.app" (or just "Adobe Application Manager" if you don't have filename extensions turned on). Launch that app.

3) Done

Let the application Manager run for a minute. It will download some updates, and install CC Desktop App for you! (Fun fact, if you keep your Utilities folder open you can see it install in realtime).

When that's done, you should have the CC icon in your top menu bar. If not, go to "/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud" and open the "ACC" folder and you'll see the  application ("Creative Cloud.app") which you can launch.

You should be back in business.

4)  But if you're still having problems, delete these folders and start over:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud

This is what the Adobe tech told me to do first, but in hindsight I don't know if it's necessary. I'd recommend you try the fix first with your old folders intact, because if you delete all those folders, you'll lose all your CC subscription history and have to re-download and re-install every app again from scratch, including all your 3rd-party plug-ins from 3rd-party websites, which is a super pain in the arse if you work in After Effects or have bought plugins for Photoshop.

Also, at one point a tech advised me to download some janky version of CC Desktop App from a non-adobe website that did not look legit, so I wanted to find a solution that used genuine Adobe products on actual Adobe websites.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey XG,

Thanks for putting the time into such a detailed description. I'm using a PC so I've tried to follow what you were doing but its just off. I've downloaded the application manager but there isn't a folder in there for the ACC.

Its frustrating!

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Ais.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ais,

Let's try this :

Once the installation process failed and the window closed without any error message, please check whether the following folders are present on your system :

- C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud

- C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud_<version_number>

- C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud_bkp1

All these folders have similar contents. If at least C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud_<version_number> is present, please follow the steps below.

Since this is a first install, C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud may not exist.

1. If present, delete (or rename) the Adobe Creative Cloud folder after a logoff / logon (because this folder is still in use after the installer crashed).

2. Rename Adobe Creative Cloud_<version_number> to Adobe Creative Cloud.

3. If present, delete Adobe Creative Cloud_bkp1.

Try to run C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC\Creative Cloud.exe .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah sorry aislingm, my experience is with Mac. Seems like it should work on Windows too though.

Did you download this new Application Manager from adobe.com?  Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows

And then after you installed it, were you able to find the "Application Manager.exe" and run it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bani,

Yes unfortunately I tried all of those steps already before posting. I got the idea of un-installing the Desktop App from solution #3, and I downloaded the latest Desktop app (v3.8.0.310) from that same link you posted. In fact, these are the steps that got me into the mess in the first place!

I also tried setting the permissions to 777 (found the idea while searching my brains out), but even though it sounds so plausible it didn't help at all. Same exact crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines