Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC repeatedly asks for login and apps can't access synced content

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've been having an issue on my laptop for well over a year now, and sill have not been able to find a solution.

Basically, this is my situation:

Starting from a clean slate with all CC apps and content removed from my computer, I install the CC app (the one you use to sync files and install the actual programs) and sign in. The app starts syncing files and fonts, and I install some programs. Everything will work fine. Then, at a later moment (I haven't been able to identify the exact action that causes the issues to start, but I believe it may be caused by my laptop entering sleep mode), I will find the CC app suddenly logged out. When I login it will again download my synced files and fonts as if they had been removed.

As soon as the issue first shows itself, my CC programs will not have access to synced files or libraries until i reinstall the program and the CC app itself.

lap75cf44229ca115e4ce5b8de3fecde0ef.png

When I login to the CC app and then close it (by choosing Quit in the menu), and then try to open a program like Photoshop, I will be prompted by a login screen asking me to login to validate my license.

lapccce2f0a6703843f96e0899dea1cea95.png

Sometimes, the CC app will suddenly logout while it is in focus on my screen and I'm doing nothing except for staring at it.

My system

• Windows 10 Pro (x64) build 1703
  • 8 GB ram
  • nvidia GTX 1050 (2 GB)
  • Intel i7-7700HQ

Things I've already tried:

When I say I removed apps and programs, I always tried using the default Windows flow (control panel > remove or uninstall programs) and using the CC cleaner utility

• Remove all apps using the CC cleaner utility and re-install them using my own account (I am an administrator on the machine)
  • Remove all apps and re-install them using the built-in administrator account
  • All the steps on this page, multiple times
  • Installing the apps in safe mode
  • Remove the opm.db file located here: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE file
  • Cry myself to sleep
TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cascer1,

Thanks for sharing the details with screenshots, as you have mentioned that you are unable to files on your system after you put your system in sleep mode. you have also mentioned that Adobe Creative Cloud apps ask you to sign in frequently and you have tried all the basic steps to troubleshoot it.

I would like to inform you that if you are signed in only then Adobe Creative Cloud would sync files. I would request you to follow the steps mentioned in this link: - Creative Cloud signs me out or asks me to sign in repeatedly to troubleshoot the sign in issues. If that works fine and the sync issue still persists, we would include the experts from the file sync forum.

Please feel free to update this discussion with the results.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear readers,please re install all above the recovery file flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention this in my original post, but I also already tried those steps multiple times. I'm afraid they don't resolve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing that Cascer1, I would like to know if you have tried to create a new admin user account and test if you are able to sync files properly and it doesn't sign out repeatedly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried creating a new admin user on the system. I only tried on my own account, and using the built-in administrator account. If you believe that creating a new account might help resolve this issue I'd be happy to give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cascer1,

A few other things I wondered about

- Are there any pending Windows updates waiting to be installed?

- Are your user files stored locally on the machine (versus across the network on a server)?

- Are you logging into a domain? Is your account governed by any kind of group policies?

- Can you intentionally cause the issue to occur? Does it always happen when you put the system into a sleep state?

- Are there any indications of errors or issues within Event Viewer?

- Would reinstalling Windows be a possible solution? This is generally something you do as a last resort but given everything else you've tried it can be the best solution in some cases.

Testing in a new administrator account would be a good test but if the issue occurred when logged in with the built in hidden Administrator account that might be an indication the issue is not just account specific.

Please follow up when you get the chance.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Dave,

1. There are no updates pending

2. All my files are stored locally on the hard drive

3. I am not logging in to any domain, and no group policies are enacted

4. It seems that going into sleep mode kickstarts the issues. After that, they happen at random and I haven't been able to find a pattern

5. I don't see any particularly interesting items in the windows event viewer

6. reinstalling Windows is technically possible, but obviously not preferred. I have a mess of symbolic links to get all my development environments working nicely and would prefer to not have to do those again.

I'll try with another account soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines