• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CENSORED: HOW MANY PEOPLE HATE ADOBE NOW? raise your hands! Version 2

Enthusiast ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past 30 minutes one lone moderator saw fit to take it upon themself to censor a long running (5 years), relevant and cathartic discussion amongst Adobe users. I wanted to bring it back to afford users the opportunity to vent their frustrations and give all types of feedback both negative and positive. You don't get to shut down a discussion which has been relevant for over 5 years just because it "bothers" you or contains opinions contrary to yours (sounds like our current Government). Thjis is a helpful discussion which is not hurting anyone. Nobody has to comment if they are not inclined to. It also provides alternative options from users to those who can't afford a monthly subscription. DON'T BE CENSORED BY ADOBE! Let's see how long it take Adobe to censor this thread!

Here's a link to the original thread.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

>recent OS updates to my Mac, CS6 apparently doesn't work properly anymore

That is correct... Owners of old programs simply have problems with new Mac operating systems... none of which is Adobe's fault... Adobe did not change your old program to make it stop working... Apple changed their operating system and THAT is why your old programs won't work, not because of anything Adobe did... Also... every time Apple issues an update, there is the risk that an old program that HAS been working will ST

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course they shut it down. It's easier to censor than do right by your customers..I for one will never use them again after the way they've treated me this year. They're getting greedier every year and a lot customers have had enough. I see plenty of complaints on their facebook page as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I plan on canceling my subscription (and changing my bank account so they won’t keep charging me). What gets me is that suddenly tons of bloggers (usually with non-Wnglish) last manes are singing the praises of Creative Cloud 2018. These poor folks are probably getting paid pennies to post favorable, scripted reviews for the company. I tried replying to one of the bloggers who claims you don’t need to connect to the internet to use CCloud. Of course my post was never approved published. And you can never get a straight answer from Adobe, as of 2018. I have to keep downloading updates and connecting cdrative loud to the internet, which is absolutely killing my hotspot data. This is the year I part ways with Adobe, especially if a mod decides to delete my post just to hide the truth of this godawful 2018 CCloud debacle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly just can't handle this whole new CC thing.

I got Adobe CS6 about 4 years ago and have been using it for most of my work as a graphic designer. But with recent OS updates to my Mac, CS6 apparently doesn't work properly anymore, actively corrupting files while I'm working on them for clients, which means that I have to look for alternatives. As it is, I'm paying off a ton of money in student loans and I already live paycheck to paycheck. I don't have it in my budget to pay for a new CC monthly or yearly subscription for each individual product I use for all eternity. And with horrible internet connection, software downloads and updates take 3+ hours. I don't have the time for this stuff either.

I'm so sad and angry and completely frustrated by this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wonderbreadz​ I would seriously look at alternatives like Corel Graphics suite. Since Adobe took up the whole "FU" consumers attitude plenty of non subscription (paid & free) alternatives have popped up.

Corel paid inexpensive but very powerful and easily matches Illustrator & PS for day to day work

DXO paid but inexpensive and has Upoint built in with Nik suite on the way

DaVinci FREE absolutely amazing video editor easily matches Premiere Pro & After Effects​ I prefer it over PP but you need fast GP & Ram

Free Illustrator Alternatives are located here​

Hope that helps. Don't worry you'll pay off those loans and it will have been worth it in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>recent OS updates to my Mac, CS6 apparently doesn't work properly anymore

That is correct... Owners of old programs simply have problems with new Mac operating systems... none of which is Adobe's fault... Adobe did not change your old program to make it stop working... Apple changed their operating system and THAT is why your old programs won't work, not because of anything Adobe did... Also... every time Apple issues an update, there is the risk that an old program that HAS been working will STOP working... bottom line, old programs require a matching old operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to hate them but started to offer consultancy to quit of few design agencies in the London/SE Area (UK). We basically go in, strip out creative cloud and get them up and running with Serif/Alternatives. We then get paid with the money they save. Moved over 2000 licences over in the past 18 months with no signs of slowing. Easiest money made to date.

Adobe will be irrelevant in 10 years. We already started running a few workshops up at the local uni's "Real designers don't 'adobe'" which has always been successful. You want to hurt adobe just remind students/juniors that's it doesn't teach you s**t about good design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First: the title is misleading, the original blog was not "censored" but "locked" which is a big difference. A censored blog would disappear like that. Deleted/moved out of sight.

Second: It wasn't probably an Adobe Staff, but a user moderator locking this, because there was nothing useful being posted and it was time consuming for the volunteers each time to look into this.

Third: the discussion is senseless!

Fourth: If you are doing business with Adobe, either helping customers with Adobe products or helping them to do business without Adobe, you should pray that Adobe continues for the next 40 years of your professional carer.

Fifth: There was always competition to Adobe, so make your choice.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this Abambo! I was not in on the original posting but I too find nothing useful in it. This is a business and complaints are always coming along but it does not mean everyone is correct in every way. Users of Adobe have plenty of complaint avenues and we do not need to form a virtual mob. Give us peace, let us do our work without so much emotion and toxic feelings floating around. Best to all. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There weren't ALWAYS alternatives to Adobe.  There are now. And we should all be glad that there are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just made an enquiry re a reduced fee structure to keep going as work has zeroed with the Virus outbreak…  a friend got a really good offer that has helped him considerably… so I thought I would request the same…

Nearly $80 a month.... This had to be addressed with my financial situation.

For Software that has not really advanced my workflow since Lumetri was integrated...

For Software I was always fearful of upgrading because of new bugs….

So.....

Had a discussion with Adobe, they could not offer any where near what they offered my friend so I said I guess I will have to cancel my plan.

The very next comment from Adobe…

(ayush)  Allow me to make changes to your plan

(me)       What Changes?

(ayush)  In that case I'll go ahead and simply cancel the plan for you

I was disgusted at this point.. so proceeded

So there you go Adobe, nothing like customer service consistency in a time of crisis.

Bye... Im off to Resolve my issues... create solutions to this monopoly and share with the world.

Here's to the Alternative

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They charge con elation fees... that should tell you enough about their intent. If I cancel because I can't afford something and then you charge me for cancelling it makes me never want to come back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2021 and Adobe hasn't gotten their Sh*t together. the newest installments of premiere pro and encoder are becoming more of a Laggy unusable mess every damn year. I hope Adobe chokes on it and goes bankrupt or broken up by anti-trust laws so the artists and consumers can get products that actually work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why is it everytime Adobe does an update, I have to spend hours relearning an application that I have been using for 20 plus years

I think they owe me a free year of subscription service just for my time lost

But fixes???? Their "bug Fixes" almost invariably cause bugs, while getting rid of the imaginary bugs that I never knew were there...arrrrggghh - I am about to go back to one of my legacy programs

Somebody at adobe is truly an ***** if they think this is ok??

If they never fixed another bug, or updated another version, I would gain a week of productivity every year, likely a conservative estimate

[moderator says: please don't use foul language]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines