• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clean install?

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just in a chat with a very helpful tech and he said that I needed to come back when I had time to "clean install" my CC app.  Bear in mind that right now the computer should have zero Adobe products on it--I uninstalled everything.  It freezes when I launch the installer.

What does it mean to "clean instal"?  It looks like Adobe Cleaner is for Apps you have.  I have a problem installing.

Thanks.

Kenneth

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

If NVIDIA graphics, make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just know the basics: 2014 MacMini which I upgraded last year to a 2TB SSD.  It has the latest OS.

I am just wondering what's involved.  I'll probably do the remote session he advised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clean install refer to compelte removal of the Adobe related apps and its associated files and folder.

Even though if we uninstall the apps , there will be some files and fodlers left . which includes files in System and User Library, Preferences folder under both System and User Library. 

Example:

~\Library\Application Support\Adobe  ( User Library)

\Library\Application Support\Adobe ( System Library)

~\Library\Prefernces.

\Library\Prefernces.

...etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines