• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud Desktop App is blank?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated the cloud desktop app and now it loads blank. I can't sign in or download programs anymore. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and still nothing. 

How do I fix this?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Rename the opm.db file.

1. Close the Creative Cloud application if it's running.
  2. Navigate to the OOBE folder.
    Windows: [System drive]:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
    Mac OS: /User/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE folder
  3. Rename the opm.db file to opm_old.db
  4. Launch Creative Cloud

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 107 Replies 107
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2014 Oct 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all the recommendations so far, none have worked.  Anyone find an absolute fix for this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Nothing helped and i gave up. I collected my documents out from cloud by firefox and complained to the staff.

But. I closed whole application for 3 days, and it started to work again within a random start. I didn't do anything to help it.

So, i have a theory, that CC is just unstable. Since a week, its been working more or less. There was a connection issue 2 days ago, but it took a few hours. Thats all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed, recently, that the CC app presents itself unexpectedly.  I haven't figured out what I did just before seeing it appear on my screen, but it appears to be related to something I am doing when I'm in my FF browser.  I simply close and it goes away and doesn't come back again.  But I haven't figured out why it appeared in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but there is no opm.db file in my OOBE folder -- it's empty except for an alias to a folder called PDApp.

I'm running Win 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that you are in a wrong location. Can you please navigate to the following account and then suggest.

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ridiculous that Adobe sells a premium set of apps and leaves this popping up bug for the community for at least 18 months if not 2 years that I have seen it!

As long as you get it to login cleanly you will be ok. My work around is start in safe mode with networking. Start the Adobe manager and this time you should be able to login. Restart and now you should be able to manage your apps again.

Bug only appears to affect when you need to login.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work form me. Win 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Admittedly I have only used this 'Safe Mode With Networking' workaround in Windows 7. Not tested in 8.1, sorry.

What I did notice a few days ago, on doing a new CC install, that after logging into the Adobe site and triggering the first app download, as the manager installed it auto logged in with the details I have used on the site! I assume this maybe Adobe's 'workaround' for this issue. If you can't fix it, take away the need!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot close the app on Mac OS X Yosemite

I have white screen

I have renamed the OOBE file

Nothing helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact this can happen in both Mac and PC points to Adobe App.

Although my work around was for win7, using safe mode, it may be worth trying in OSX.

Restart the Mac and keep left shift held down at beginning of boot. You should get to the login screen with 'safe boot' in red at top right. Login as normal and try Adobe CC desktop app again. Hopefully it will show ok now and you can login. If Adobe app logs in, then restart and run app normally. Install you're desired apps....

Not tested this on a Mac but based on previous, worth trying.

Regards,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutly ridiculous, Adobe fix your stuff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2015 May 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Creative Cloud shows up blank with spinner. Tried renaming `opm.db` to no avail. Using Windows 8.1 (fresh install).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent a long time on chat with support to resolve this. It was fine for a week! It reverts to blank weekly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that resolved it for today, hopefully todays update to the app might be more reliable.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no better way than me having to do this every time I want to use CC? Surely if this many people are having a problem Adobe should fix it. Whats the address for us all to send Adobe an invoice for all the software testing we do for them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution did not work for me.

Am using OSX Yosemite.  I have also tried uninstalling, deleting the opm.db file, restarting and reinstalling but it still does not work.

I read in one of the forums that this could be caused by a problem in my profile.  I have updated my entire profile but this also did not work.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you close it if its blank?

I have tried to uninstall it but it says it is in use!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The chap on the help chat just solved this for me after I tried everything shown here. 

click on Finder, Then GO menu on top, Go To folder

Type ~/Library and Press Enter.

From there, open > Application Support > Adobe folder.

Delete OOBE.

Still In Finder, click GO option on the top menu

go to the Adobe application manger after clicking on utilities.

trash both the Adobe application manager and Adobe creative cloud

go to the Application folder

trash the Adobe creative cloud folder

now browse to Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe CC trial‌, download it and install.  

Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying several suggested solutions, this one (91) worked for me on my Mac 10.10.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too still in 2015. The key is to delete all of those. Then restart with internet off and option-delete the trash. Then turn internet back on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to unsubscribe from this thread?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stil no fix for this the normal way I see, meaning.. Adobe making it work normally . It's extremely not professional to have such 'bug' still there, after years... and claiming you have 'professional'  software... fix it!! Put it on your 'fixlist', get a programmer to look at it!!

Btw, you need to 'kill'  all Adobe cloud software, otherwise the file is locked...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening every week or so. Today it is blank again. My method to make it function on Mac OSX 10.10.4 ( 16 G Ram)  is  to open the "Activity Monitor"  in the "Utilities" folder, force quit everything with a Creative Cloud Icon that appears in the Activity Monitor, then re-start Creative Cloud. This worked this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#91 worked from Os X 10.10.4 (July 2015)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines