• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Completely uninstall Adobe Application Manager

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mistakenly installed Adobe Application Manager last night because I thought it was needed to make it easier to update my existing Adobe Reader v10 and my other Adobe products (AIR, Flash, Photoshop Elements, and Premier Elements). How stupid of me to not do my research FIRST!!! Now I can not get rid of the damned thing. It will not show up in the Windows Programs and Features program listing in the Control Panel so I can remove it that way and the instructions to completely remove AAM that are given on the web site simply do not work as I have NONE of the applications listed in AAM that purportedly will remove AAM if they are uninstalled.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

First let me say that my earlier instructions for removing AAM were only partially correct. Those instructions remove just the Creative Cloud part of AAM and should really only be used if you are having trouble running AAM with your Creative Cloud subscription.

If you are using most Adobe products then AAM is installed and is required for the product to run correctly. AAM is used for Creative Cloud, and is also used for perpetual licensing (when you enter a serial number). AAM also handles updati

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 149 Replies 149
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a marketing tool. It's just a horrible application. When you consider how much your software costs, it's an absurdity that the downloader is so feature-free. It doesn't even do a HDD check to make sure you have SPACE to install your applications. Nope. It just tries and fails. And sometimes it just returns an error like, "Sorry, something went wrong." Gee, thanks for the information! I just spent two hours installing AI on my second computer for five minutes of work. Because I had to download AI three times before it installed it successfully. Because even when it did, it took nearly an hour to install and patch.

You guys need to get your.. stuff.. together. It's absurd that paying customers have to struggle with this stuff this much.

Horrible program. Horrible, horrible program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way I can uninstall it without downloading something else? I have to download something and I REALLY don't want to download anything else adobe-related...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elephantastic2000 the Adobe Application Manager is a requirement for the majority of Adobe Creative applications to function.

You may want to consider starting a separate discussion regarding your specific difficulties in the Creative Cloud Download & Install FAQ forum - http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup/creative_cloud_faq.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

In case you haven't noticed most people HATE adobe application manager.

This is just another in a long line of bloated,resource hogging,stealthy and unnecessary software provided by Adobe.

Is it incompetence, stupidity, evil or some combination thereof that makes Adobe continue to defecate on their customers?

FYI cleanup tool didn't work.  AAM still appears on my start menu and the files were not removed.

Have a great weekend Adobe employees! 

I will be sure to to purchase your products and recommend them to everyone I know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

monzie9000,

Welcome to the Adobe AMM fan club. AMM combined with Adobe’s move to cloud and subscription based software are mindboggling blunders in my mind. I think you may want to see this thread for a possible solution if you have not done so already. http://forums.adobe.com/message/5297078#5297078

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

f_donald,

Thanks for the link.  I am also investigating HTML5 + javascript. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhh, I am really beginning to despise these people!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The great thing for me is that i downloaded this because i wanted to try photoshop before i bought it. It was recommended that i get AAM and Adobe has been trusted for a long while so i followed the reccomendations. Now i have a lot of Adobe applications i did not want, did not agree to install and will never use.

Since Adobe haven't really provided a solution, I encourage everyone who is angry about Adobe tricking people into installing Malware to email whoever provides their internet security and ask them to provide a way to kill or uninstall AAM.

Congratulations Adobe, i will treat all your products with suspicion now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to echo most of the users in here.  I have tried everything I have read and been advised to to.  This inclused over 6 hours of the phone with Adobe Support.  All they can tell me now is to uninstall all Adobe programs related to CS6 and reinstall.  Fat chance!  My luck, it would never reinstall and I would be left with nothing!  Without APplication Manager update, NONE of my CS6 programs will update.Adobe keeps escalating this up the food chain.  I am curious how many levels of support there are?  They all keep telling me to do the same thing but nothing works.  In my life, that is called insanity!  I just want the Camera Raw update!  It works fine on my other computer.  Why would I want to uninstall ALL of the programs just to get this one to work?  Sounds a little counter intuitive to me.  Won't Application Manager still require an update after everything is install again?  More wasted time.  If I could jsut update the new camera raw, I would let it go...for now.  Even the newest update released on June 7th doesn't work.  I have followed the instructions and steps (except reinstalling everything) that everyone has posted here.  There has to be a soloution!  If anyone gets one, please share!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count me in as another who is extremely unhappy about not being able to easily remove the 100% unnecessary AAM.

I have used Adobe products on and off for years and am surprised nobody else has brought up the point that Adobe has historically had difficulties performing simple install and update tasks. It must be in their genetic code but at least in my experience the people who have been on their app install "teams" have been poorly managed.

I'm at the point where I'll put up with a lesser UI to be rid of bloatware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2013 Nov 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken,

Thanks for the information. Can you address the issues with application updates failing? I have been trying for more than a week and have had little success. Of 17 applications that need bug fix updates, only one has been successful. I am attempting to update them one at a time because in the past trying to update all at once has been a nightmare.

Perhaps you could answer it here, or on the discussions about the failures?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

man u rock ❤️ was so simple thnx allot removed all  and it has solution for cs6 or all product i pressed 1 and it solved my all crak and normal product problems thnx man :_)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vikas_CSI

Where did you get your information about "Adobe Application Manager" being the core application for all Adobe Creative Suite Products

and is required for download, deployment, provisioning and updater functionality.

Would you please provide the link for this information so the people with questions about this manager can read it for themselves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wet~Look

By the way, I checked and it is a core app, on my Windows 7 system it is found in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\PDapp.exe

Still wondering if AAM reappears in your update list after the uninstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fixedHeartsDesign,

If you go to Help > Update > Check for Updates the PDapp.exe file is what opens to check for updates.

You can also go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\PDapp.exe click on the PDapp.exe and the same updater will open.

When you uninstall the "Adobe Application Manager" (Post 4) these files are not disturded.

Your updater will work just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like some many before me, installing this pisses me off.  Make me want to stop using ANY Adobe producs.  This make is LESS likely to every buy another one, although I have used them fopr years.

Stupid business practices, which may be designed to sell more, but it effects, if others are like me, is to help them sell less.

I DESPISE this kind of software crap!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, the recommended tool above does NOT let me unless this piece of crap.

Trying to sell their products.  I am about scap ALL my adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Application Manager reports that many of my installed Creative Suite apps are not installed. With such faulty information how can it possibly be of any real use? Photoshop CS6 Extended, for example, is fully installed, activated and in use. Yet Application Manager shows it as "Install" and I tried clicking on that and started a very lengthly download which I canceled. What was it downloading? This tool is a disaster and Adobe would do well to retrench and produce something that is explained and which works if they feel such a tool is really necessary. To me, as to most others who have commented, it is garbage, it has hijacked my computer without any means of removal, and I'd like to be able to charge Adobe for the time it is going to take me to get it the hell out of my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same experience. After my previous post I clicked one of the "install" links for a product that was already installed and that I use regularly, just to see what came up. Same as you, it initiated a horribly long download which I eventually cacelled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First let me say that my earlier instructions for removing AAM were only partially correct. Those instructions remove just the Creative Cloud part of AAM and should really only be used if you are having trouble running AAM with your Creative Cloud subscription.

If you are using most Adobe products then AAM is installed and is required for the product to run correctly. AAM is used for Creative Cloud, and is also used for perpetual licensing (when you enter a serial number). AAM also handles updating your installed products.

So yes AAM is installed with Photoshop Elements and PremierePro Elements.

For customers who try a mix of perpetual license (for example using a serial number with the Master Collection or just Photoshop) and then try a Creative Cloud trial or paid subscription you might see AAM telling you that a product is not installed when it is. This is a known issue.

So please do not try and remove AAM from your system if you are using Adobe products. You may cause the perpetual licensing or subscription to stop working, and you will not recieve updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken, thanks for your information on this, however, I remain confused about AAM's list of applications that apparently aren't installed when in reality they are. To recap, I have a completely installed CS6 Master Collection. Every program has been activated, registered, etc. Most are, in fact, in regular use and all have been used at least once, requiring activation. All updates have been applied. Yet AAM (I just rechecked it) still lists a large number of them as "Install". Unfortunately, the one where I did click the "Install" link was excruciatiingly slow (and I have a very fast Internet connection!), so I am unwilling to devote the time to a seemingly pointless exercise.

At the very least, AAM should be providing much more information (explanation) on what it is indicating. Or it is is just plain wrong. At any rate, as a long-time Adobe customer, I would appreciate an explanation.

I do not profess to be an expert in Adobe's byzantine licensing system, but in my case this would seem to be pretty straight-forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HollicoGroup - I spoke with an engineer on the AAM team before writing my explanatory post above. Your issue of having AAM not recognize already installed applications is a known issue. They will address it but I do not have a date. At this point only Illustrator and Photoshop have released new "subscriber-only" features. These will not be critical for everyone to get. AAM will improve but I understand it is not improving quickly enough for you and others. The AAM team does read these forums and I will pass on your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken, again, thanks for the information. I will "patiently" await the changes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ HollicoGroup,

Adding to what Ken said AAM team knows about this problem and working on this.  You would probably find this fix in the next AAM update.

Thanks, 

Vikas 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what kind of response is that, motherfucker?!, we hate your stupid app so we want to remove it, that is all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines