• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connecting to CC - Stuck on 'Installing update..'

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't connect to cc. clicking the CC link show "Installing update.." where the advice on the screen show a progress bar with 5% progress

It may be after a crash its fixed on this.

How do i reset this to reconnect?

thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Follow below steps :

Please follow below steps :

1)

Click on the Finder and look for the options listed next to Apple Icon located at the top left corner of the Desktop screen and click on "Go" menu button and select "Utilities" option.

(Applications>Utiliites)

Locate Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Application Manager folder under Utilities window and trash both folders.

2)

Click on the below link and download & run Adobe Cleaner tool :

Select the option "Adobe Application Manager for Mac OS X 10.6" and

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Windows computer or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, Mac yosemite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow below steps :

Please follow below steps :

1)

Click on the Finder and look for the options listed next to Apple Icon located at the top left corner of the Desktop screen and click on "Go" menu button and select "Utilities" option.

(Applications>Utiliites)

Locate Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Application Manager folder under Utilities window and trash both folders.

2)

Click on the below link and download & run Adobe Cleaner tool :

Select the option "Adobe Application Manager for Mac OS X 10.6" and then click on "Clean up Selected" .

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-pr oblems/_j...

3) Click on the below link and download Creative Cloud Installer file and use the same to install the Creative Cloud Desktop application.

https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/osx10/CreativeCloudInstaller.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your help, Brucgovn..Fixed!

susie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that .

You are welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use windows , what should I do ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the update  process stalled ?

Did you tried uninstalling and reinstalling ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue - OS X Yosemite - this fix worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, thank you so much, Brucgovn!!!! I haven't been able to update my Creative Cloud in forever, and every time I tried to reinstall it would crash halfway through. This solved my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that.

You are most welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Brucgovn, I have the same problem of updating stop at 5%. Already I deleted and intalei and I can not solve. I'm with windows 7, you can help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try below steps :

Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud app using CC uninstaller :

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Make sure Adobe Creative Cloud is not listed under Control Panel > Program and Features. list.

Step 1 :

Open C:drive and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ " Common Files" \Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Step 2:

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder. [**Important Step]

Unable to delete ?? rename the folder to Adobe Creative Cloud-old.

Step 3 :

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

appdata

Then navigate to Local>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named AAMUpdater and OOBE.

Step 4:

Restart the computer once .

Step 5:

Click on the below link and download Creative Cloud setup file and use the same to install the Creative Cloud Desktop application.

https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/win32/CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have a similar problem with CS6 Master, should it works also with it?

If I try to install update from AAM, after a while it stop and report "Server don't answer properly, try again in few minutes". If I try from any application, and I select some update to download, it download Always the 51% and after stop to work .

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, i have the exact same problem but trying this did not fix the problem as it is still getting stuck at 5%. Os X El Capitan.

I had first followed Adobe's advice and cleaned Adobe Creative Cloud before I found this leaving only the Application Manager to trash so maybe that was the problem. I haven't been able launch Creative Cloud for Months

Any more thoughts?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sure you will need an OS upgrade!

Minimum requirement for the CC Desktop App is -

Rob_Cullen_1-1644468125614.png

El Capitan > Sierra > High Sierra > Mojave > Catalina > BigSur > Monterey.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came here to say I had the same problem on Windows 8.1- stuck at 5%-, but after several minutes it suddenly and rapidly finished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, you can  try rebooting the computer also. it should work  .

However , if it takes long , it will be Ideal to uninstall and then install Fresh updated version .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem but i use windows, what should i do? I have tried to uninstall and install it again several times! Is there a step by step just like you answered but for windows users? Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brenno,

1. You might try uninstalling the Creative Cloud app from within Program and Features in the Control Panel. You may need to use this if you encounter an error: Creative Cloud Help | Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app
  2. Then confirm it is removed using the Adobe Cleaner Tool
  3. Then try installing it again from here

The latest version currently is 2.1.1.110 which you can confirm from the preferences.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what happened to me. It was stuck at 5% for several minutes, came here and just now went pretty fast to 20% an is still going up fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was having this exact same issue, stuck on 2% and no movement.  I was trying to download the Uninstaller tool for my Windows PC and it gave me an error saying that it couldn't run because CC was already running and needed to be stopped.  I opened task manager and ended all the processes related to Adobe, and just for fun tried the update again.  It went through without any problems!  Not sure if this will be a solid fix for everyone but worth a shot before uninstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens every time there is an update. At this point, having to uninstall, run a cleaner and reinstall each time there is an update is a waste of time and resources for my company. For the cost of this software and the amount of people that have issues with this, the problem needs to be addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agreed.  i have this problem every single time there is an update.  it's very frustrating and takes a lot of time to deal with when it happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines